Dewalt corded/cordless wet/dry vacuum

Sven

Seglare
Just to tie off my hijack of an earlier thread:

I have had this vac for the last five years, best boat dollar I have ever spent. http://www.dewalt.com/us/products/tool_detail.asp?productID=6220

While buying a charger and batteries separately was a real wallet-hit, Chris is absolutely right - it is great. We ended up ordering it along with a drill that came with a charger and two batteries.

The vacuum is really good. The blower part is wonderful for dinghy inflation and the last time we did it we didn't even bother adding foot-pump pressure after the vacuum pressurizing (how's that for strange terminology ?).

The batteries keep a charge for literally weeks and I think the estimate of 20 minutes run-time per battery is probably not too far off but we certainly haven't measured it.

Thanks for the lead Chris,

-Sven

treilley

Sustaining Partner
I also have this vacuum. I already owned a Dewalt cordless drill with the 18v batteries and also a drill with the 14v batteries. The vacuum will run on either but the 18v batteries make a huge difference.

BTW, my 18v cordless drill is the right angle model. Another excellent boat tool.

Mindscape

Member III
Any chance....

Any chance the vacuum will run on the 36v dewalt batteries? I've got the 36v drill from DeWalt (I can use it with a 'winch bit' to haul someone up my mast). This drill is great, keeps a charge for a long time, although a bit heavy, for tough jobs it's a real workhorse.

Last edited:

Sven

Seglare
Frank,

I'll check the instructions this weekend but I think the 18v batteries are the max.

-Sven

CSMcKillip

It really is a solid investment. I have the whole line of 18v, every tool has been used on our Capri 25 and will be stored on the Ericson. Glad it worked for you all, I do not work for dewalt.

Mindscape

Member III
Thanks for checking

Sven,
Looking at the website I don't think my batteries will fit. Thanks for taking a look. The 36V stuff is great, but expensive. Based on comments here I may pick one of these vacuums up. I'm on a pier with no power and a good vac would be handy.