L

Leslie Newman

No data.

Last edited by a moderator:

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
Done

finally "finished" mine. sealed, color-matched to the inside of the locker, a little faux-wood trim on the front and they're ready to go.

Will tend to those wires going into the outlet box before I load them up... and then onto the next project.

shelves (s).jpg

kapnkd

kapnkd
This past week I drove to the boat with a long punch list of to do items, still getting the boat ready for the trip home. I cut and installed a shelf in the stern hanging locker and the port side V-birth locker. I used left over teak and holly plywood I had varnished from a previous boat cabin sole job and some 3/4" x 3/4" Mahogany for the supports. Bronze screws. I used the cardboard template method to get the basic crazy shape of the shelf. Shelves can be lifted out if needed. Thinking later I will put something along the edge of the shelf for a guard to hold stuff in.

Stern birth...
View attachment 24254

V birth...
View attachment 24255

NICE JOB! ...We used a "Shoe Rail" from Rockler.com to add some height to our mid shelf in the head. It was inexpensive and provided a nice height for what we wanted. The length was a bit short (23") so added a teak piece at each end to fill the gap. They DO make another rail that is longer (29") but it was too long for our need.

Head shelf 5.jpg