Cushion Selection for Cockpit

omgirl

Member II
We are looking at ordering cushions for our cockpit. The 2 types we have found are Bottom Siders and Sunshure. Any recommendations or pros and cons of one versus another? We have a dog so are looking for durability and comfort as well. Thanks!

Dan Callen

Contributing Member III
Cushions

I have Cushions on my Ericson32-3 and like them very much. They are located in Rockport, Texas. Dan Callen Ericson 32-3 Andiamo

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
We are looking at ordering cushions for our cockpit. The 2 types we have found are Bottom Siders and Sunshure. Any recommendations or pros and cons of one versus another? We have a dog so are looking for durability and comfort as well. Thanks!

I like the Bottomsiders - just one word of advice - choose a lighter color - the dark ones heat up fast! The other major consideration (not to get Bottomsiders) is your dog's claws. As the cushions are just foam, your pooch might end up putting a hole in them, etc...

There are a number of dog owners on this site (see the other thread about sailing with dogs) - and I'm sure some of them will be happy to comment...

Good luck!
//sse