CNG Tanks

ted_reshetiloff

Contributing Partner
Hi folks. Have not been here for a while having sold my Ericson 38. Anyway I have just converted my new boat to propane from CNG and have 3 CNG tanks Im looking to find a home for. Im sure at least one is current with its certification as I got it on exchange this spring. The other two Im not sure about. They are not rusty but I dont know how to read the stamps. Anyway get in touch if you are in the Annapolis area and are interested.

spencer

Member II
try the guys at Lake Welding Supply in Muskegon, MI 1-800-875-5255. The last time i was there this past summer they said that no one makes the small CNG tanks anymore. He also told me that they can recertify the tank and that a tank must be certified every 5 years. Dont know if you can ship something like that thru the mail or via truck or if they would even want it if you could..

exoduse35

Sustaining Member
Good to see you posting... You can still do that even if you don't have an Ericson anymore. What did you replace her with?

sailingdeacon

Member III
CNG apparently has become really hard to find and expensive. I've not found a CNG option in eastern NC. Interestingly, Ericson offered propane, alcohol with a tank, and propane. Apparently some folks were really scared of propane back in the 70's In my search for a 80's 32 or 34 a number had propane. FOund this also on the Sabres of the time.