Cabinway hatch for a 27' 1973

lensguy1

Just purchased a 27' 1973 in wonderful condition, except the cabinway hatch cover is a mush of old plywood. Does anyone have the specs or a replacement design to make a new hatch ????? Any ideas would be appreciated. :esad:

Rob Hessenius

Inactive Member
Cabinway Hatch

Lensguy- There are 3 E-27's in Fond du Lac that you could take measurements from. I'm good friends with one guy and could ask him to let you on board with a tape measure?

Did you buy the powder blue 27 called Freebird? Let me know I can hook you guys up. Rob Hessenius

Last edited:

rod sanburn

Member II
Hatch

Hello,
My 27 has a curved plexi hatch 1/2" thick, clear with teak strips running across for trim. My 1973 option sheet does not list it. Is it stock or custom? Anyone know? Rod S

lensguy1

New companion way hatch

Yes Rob we did purchase Free Bird in Manitowoc Wi. She cried out to be rescued. And we would really like your friend's contact info in Fond du lac. With the links Loren B sent and if we can take some measurments from your friend's boat we should be able to make the new hatch.

marcusn

Member II
Is the 1973 hatch the same as the 1975? If so, can you make me one as well?

Hey Lensguy1,

If you go through the effort to make one, would you consider making two?
Do you know if it's the same as the 1975 e27's companionway?

I'd obviously reimburse you for time/talent and material, but would like to have a clear budget agreed upon prior to work starting, and I could even send a deposit.

Hopefully this could be win/win for us.

-Marcus

theidema

Ericson 27 in fond du lac

Hi I am the guy with the E27 (75) in fond du lac. I would be more than happy to let you get in and measure my hatch. You can reach me at theidema@gmail.com.

Tom Heideman.

sleather

Sustaining Member
Welcome

This is GREAT! 2 new members, both in Wisconsin, and IN TOUCH!:egrin:......EY.o ROCKS! About that rendezvous.........?