Brushed stainless sink

Geoff Johnson

Fellow Ericson Owner
A couple of years ago I replaced my galley sink. All I could find was the brushed stainless that came with the boat and the new sink suffers from the same defect - it gets the pox in the form of rust spots that have to be removed with metal cleaner fairly often. Does anyone have the same problem, know of a solution and/or the source of a deep replacement sink made of polished stainless?

noproblemo2

Member III
We replaced our last year but decided to get away from the stainless due to similar problems, we went for a Swanstone in ivory it's a double and much nicer looking and took very little adjusting to fir also replaced the faucets to match in ivory with a sprayer attachment. It is holding up far better than the stainless ever did.:cheers:

Geoff Johnson

Fellow Ericson Owner
Thanks, I'll look into it, but a prelimary review of their website does not show a sink compatible with the deep single sink on my 32-3.

Geoff Johnson

Fellow Ericson Owner
While I almost never succomb to the enticements of the hawkers at boat shows, I bought something called "Mr. Douglas' Metal Cleaner" which seems like it is going to do the job - it cleans the rust stains off and leaves a water repellant finish. Anyone ever tried it?

http://www.mppros.com/metal01.htm