Boat Rentals in St. Petersburg Area

Joe Lovelady

- Originally Posted 5 Nov 2000 -

ATTN: Tampa/St. Petersburg Area Sailors

I'll be visiting in the St. Petersburg area in January and February next year and am interested in renting a sailboat for a few days. I'll need something in the 28 to 30 foot range. I plan to sail local coastal waters and perhaps a little off shore. Can someone recommend a rental
source?

I have taken coastal navigation courses in Seattle, Washington and have a certificate, but do not have any other "official" certifications; just 30 years of sailing experience and ownership of a variety of boats on the Texas Gulf Coast, the West Indies, and lakes in the inter mountain
West. Would these qualifications allow me to rent a 28 to 30 footer?

Thanks for any information and advice you may be willing to offer.

Joe Lovelady
s/v "Majendie" - E29

Lenny

Originally posted by Joe Lovelady
...I have taken coastal navigation courses in Seattle, Washington and have a certificate, but do not have any other "official" certifications; just 30 years of sailing experience and ownership of a variety of boats on the Texas Gulf Coast, the West Indies, and lakes in the inter mountain West. Would these qualifications allow me to rent a 28 to 30 footer?

Thanks for any information and advice you may be willing to offer.

Joe Lovelady
s/v "Majendie" - E29

That and a Master Card...........Maybe go for a short ride and start the diesel. There's always someone around that can show you how to get in and out of the harbor ... for a cold beer, of course...

:)

Lenny