Alarm System

Wind River

Inactive Member
Hello, does anybody recognize the alarm system in the attached photo? I had my engine overheat due to a fan belt failure and the hot engine alarm didn't go off. If I can get the make and model, hopefully I can fix the problem. thanks, George

Attachments

• alarmsys.JPG
    alarmsys.JPG
    153.1 KB · Views: 69

Tom Metzger

Sustaining Partner
Oops!

George - It's home made. You have to do it on your own, but it can't be too complicated. Start by making a sketch of the wiring. You will need it again.

Wind River

Inactive Member
Never considered that!

Tom, the fact that it might be homemade never crossed my mind. The set up (especially behind that panel) looks quite professional. Lots of wiring to trace. Where would one typically set up a hot engine temp sensor on a Universal 5432? Starting at that end might be easier. Thank you for your response. George

Tom Metzger

Sustaining Partner
George - I'm not familiar with your engine as I have a newer model, but on my engine the sender is on the thermostat housing. Do you have both a gauge and the lighted alarm? I only have one port for the sender, so if I wanted to install a second one it would have to be teed off of the port or mounted in a hose. I chose the later for my alarm.

I would check around the thermostat and the hoses connected to the engine near the thermostat.

One other thought - There are some senders that have two senders incorporated in the same package. If you have one of these it would have two wires attached to it.

Others may be more familiar with the 5432.