69 30' Ericson - Hull Numbering?

jimmy

Contributing Partner
I am in the process of restoring a 69 30 Foot Ericson and would like to know how to tell if it is a 30, 30 plus, etc. Also how can I find the hull number. I am so close to getting her undersail and hope to have pictures of the restoration posted soon.

My ID# is D306923

Last edited:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Going by the year, you have one of the early yachts to bear the Ericson name. Many of us would call it the Ericson 30, or even the E-30 mk1. The E-30/2 and the E-30+ came along in the late 70's and the 80's and are completely different boats.
Along with the early E-26 and E-35-1, both from those same early days, these were the first boats from this company.
I believe that there was one other early Ericson model also, but someone else will have to chime in with details.

Loren

Last edited:

jimmy

Contributing Partner
Going by the year, you have one of the first yachts to bear the Ericson name. Many of us would call it the Ericson 30, or even the E-30 mk1. The E-30/2 and the E-30+ came along in the late 70's and the 80's and are completely different boats.
Along with the early E-26 and E-35-1, both from those same early days, these were the first boats from this company.
I believe that there was one other early Ericson model also, but someone else will have to chime in with details.

Loren
Thanks Loren,
I have found through the treads that there is probably no imprinted numbers on the vessel, but I will continue to look. I'm still interested in what the "D" in the ID Number stands for? Again thank you so much for your input.

Bob in Va

Member III
hull number

It is not unusual to find the hull number written in pencil on the backside of some of the interior wood panels on these early boats. Worth a look if you want to know the production number of the boat.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
It is not unusual to find the hull number written in pencil on the backside of some of the interior wood panels on these early boats. Worth a look if you want to know the production number of the boat.

Years later, in 1988, they were still doing that. My guess is that cabinet shop used that to keep the parts straight for each boat out in the plant. I have found my model and sail# in faded ink on the backs of removable panels and bilge access lids.

Loren

Cory B

Sustaining Member
Hull Number Mismatches

Years later, in 1988, they were still doing that. My guess is that cabinet shop used that to keep the parts straight for each boat out in the plant. I have found my model and sail# in faded ink on the backs of removable panels and bilge access lids.

Loren

Hah! In our '84 E35 (#163) we have many pieces of cabinetry marked with our hull number, as well as a few others, including #159! :egrin:

- Cory

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Along with the early 26, 30 and 35 is the Ericson 23 Mk1. They were manufactured starting in 1968. This is what they look like today.

Attachments

• monterey cc053.jpg
    monterey cc053.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 78