53rd Dauphin Island Race

Randy Rutledge

Sustaining Member
Any of the southeast Vikings going to be at DIR this year. I plan to hang at Buccaneer Yacht Club from 4-20 to 5-2 and do both the practice race on 4-23 and the DIR on 4-30. Hope some of EY.org group will be there. I know last year there was at least one other there.

Randy
770-710-9863

Last edited:

kloftin

DI Race

Randy,
Just got a chance to reply.
I have enterd SOUTH A' 10 an Ericson 35 in the Porthmouth Spinaker classs, see you @ the party. Ken

Randy Rutledge

Sustaining Member
Ken Congrats on the first place in class win. Our First place trophies were nice but the perpetual trophy you received was great. I also finished second in class on the warmup race on 4-23 4 minutes behind a catalina 42 corrected time.

DevinWalker

Inactive Member
Your smaller sister ship (my E27) also took 2nd in the Portsmouth non-spinnaker class J. The E-boats represented well this year!! :egrin:

kloftin

DI Race

Finally got some of the race results pictures uploaded..
The Port tack @ the start proved to be a winnig move for the South A' 10.

Attachments

• RSCN1709.jpg
    RSCN1709.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 74
  • DSCN1716.jpg
    DSCN1716.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 64

Randy Rutledge

Sustaining Member
Ken good looking pictures, Devin Congrats on the win,

I will not be racing Rumkin next year, the towing of a boat that size is getting to be a bit much and with four years starting at a forth in class and moving up one position each year to first it is a good time to retire Rumkin from that race. I will be sailing a Mirage 236 next year if i can get the major refit done and sail her enough to feel good about racing her.

See you at Fairhope Yacht Club next April.

Attachments

• 026_26m.jpg
    026_26m.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 94