32-3 Winter Cover Frame (galvanized pipe) free to good home

windblown

Member III
I just finished our new winter cover, and I used the boom and whisper pole for support, rather than the galvanized pipe frame that held up the previous cover. If anyone is interested in the frame, it's yours, but you'll have to come get it. I'm in Rochester, NY. You are welcome to the old cover, too. It needs some patching (it's pretty thin after 18 seasons), or it could be used as a pattern for a new cover.

peaman

Sustaining Member
I just finished our new winter cover, and I used the boom and whisper pole for support, rather than the galvanized pipe frame that held up the previous cover. If anyone is interested in the frame, it's yours, but you'll have to come get it. I'm in Rochester, NY. You are welcome to the old cover, too. It needs some patching (it's pretty thin after 18 seasons), or it could be used as a pattern for a new cover.
Do you have pictures of your old frame/cover? Was it DIY or other? Does it require mast up or mast down, or is that optional?

windblown

Member III
I don't think I have a picture of the frame on the boat without the cover (I had it installed and removed each year by someone else), but I'll look. I can take pictures of the parts. We have used it with the mast up and the mast down. It was originally made by a company in Buffalo called "Custom Covers;" they were very popular here. They are still in business, but they stopped making boat covers three or four years ago.
Here's a picture of the boat with the cover on. I'll look for a better one.
old winter cover at night smaller.jpg