25+ Anchor Locker Lid missing...

abeut

Just got myself a 25+, and I couldn't be happier. Former owner removed and lost the lid to the forward anchor locker. I have a feeling this won't be easy to replace. Grateful for any info on where such a part might be found? Thank you. I'm in Marina del Rey, California.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Perhaps someone with a sister ship (or maybe a 26-2 model) could make a splash mold of theirs and send it to you for the cost of materials. (?)
Then you could mold one out.
Meanwhile... make a temporary one out of half inch plywood and paint it.

abeut

Really appreciate the tip. That sounds like a great idea. I wonder if 3-D printing might be an option too somehow.

Nick J

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
Maybe another owner of a 25+ has a damaged lid they could loan it to the project. Once a mold is made you could pull two parts and both boats would be better off.

KS Dave

Dastardly Villain
Blogs Author
Welcome!

I'm checking with a fellow in my club who is salvaging an E25+. It has a compression post base issue that he has decided he does not want to tackle. Either I'll let you know what I hear, or he will post here.

In the meantime, if you fill out your profile and signature line, we can get to know a bit more about you and your boat.

abeut

I'm overwhelmed by everyone's generous and welcoming support. Thank you.

KS Dave, finally figured out how to add my vital info, has not yet populated.

Ericson 25+ 1980
No Engine (at the moment)
Name: tbd
Marina del Rey - Anchorage 47
California

abeut

Update: Anchor Locker Lid. I've been occupied by more pressing issues, but I since realized that C and C is the answer. I'm doing some research on companies that do this around LA, plus I have access to film studio mills when they get back up to speed again. They'll be able to fabricate nearly any boat part out of any material. More on this when I have specific info to share.