2006 Rendezvous Wrap-Up

Mike.Gritten

Member III
Could someone who attended the 2006 NW Rendezvous this year please post a summary of the festivities...who attended?...how many boats were there?...who won the prizes?...anyone take any pics?
I'm bummed that we couldn't attend, but would like to live vicariously through the memories of those who did!
(Also, I'd like to send the local WM a letter of thanks with a photo of the winner of the kayak, etc. that they donated)
Thanks, everyone.

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Yes - I just posted some images of the 2006 Mid Atlantic Rendezvous, and I also would really love to see some from Sydney...

Anyone? :egrin:

//sse

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Pictures -- NW Rendezvous

I have only a few, and none from the "sail past" because we missed out on that.
We were part of the drive-in group and got assigned to walk the docks and see all the boats (that were open for visitors) and try to list the ones that especially caught our attention. This was not at all easy, because we all kept seeing different boats and equipment/woodworking upgrades that we really liked! (And want on our Ericsons back at home.)
:)
I did not take the digi camera to the awards bash and so others will have to post pics from there...

Seeing all the different Ericsons was wonderful and I am grateful to the many owners for allowing us to look around and ask questions.
Thanks again to all the organizers for a wonderful weekend.
Loren in Portland, OR
:egrin:

Attachments

• Glyn aboard a winning E31.jpg
    Glyn aboard a winning E31.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 156
  • Rendezvous boat inspectors!.jpg
    Rendezvous boat inspectors!.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 161
  • Rendez Inspectors at work.jpg
    Rendez Inspectors at work.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:

Stuart

Member II
photos and T shirts

Hi All

It's been a very busy summer, not much time for anything but the light is at the end of the tunnel. The rendezvous was a great break from the current project, just too short a break.
I will be sending out a CD to Sean along with his much waited for t shirt next week while I am in Atlanta. I will also be sending out the rest of the extra T's ordered at the rendezvous at the same time. Most of which have been paid for. The ones I have sent (in June) and not yet received payment for, I would sure appreciate you sending a check as you all know I am only covering costs on this and barely at that.

Any one that has photos could send me a CD, we would like to start a photo book and stuff for next year. Contact me directly for my mailing address if you don’t have it.

Happy sailing and Cheers to all :egrin:

Stuart

wurzner

Member III
Stuart and Heather Competing for the kayak

I think these photos say it quite nicely. I think Heather wanted the Kayak more that Stuart.

Attachments

• RV1.jpg
    RV1.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 111
  • RV2.jpg
    RV2.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 118
  • RV4.jpg
    RV4.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 119
  • RV5.jpg
    RV5.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 125
  • RV6.jpg
    RV6.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 117

wurzner

Member III
But not as bad as Jobsite II

Jobsite II was required to re qualify their time due to a potential deviation from the rules. Not only did they win again, I think they actually improved upon their first trial time!

Attachments

• Kayak Winners.jpg
    Kayak Winners.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

wurzner

Member III
What Are We All Here For Anway?...What Brings Us Together?

Last but not least, the annual Ericson Sail By!

Attachments

• Sail By 1.jpg
    Sail By 1.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 117
  • Sail By 2.jpg
    Sail By 2.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:

wurzner

Member III
Advanced Sailing Technique

I believe this is Jobsite II demonstrating that E38's are truly Performance Racer/Cruisers. As shown in the photo, not only are their screaming along but also showing excellent technique on how to cruise and collect crabs for dinner. Stuart is out in front doing very well in his 31.

Attachments

• Crabbing.jpg
    Crabbing.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

chasandjudy

chas and judy
Rendezvous 2006

I would like to suggest Victoria B.C. for next years rendezvous, this is one of the most beautiful harbours and I have been convienced by the merchants of the area that they will literally roll out the red carpet . once more, they assure me that we would be tied up as a group (unlike Sidney)What are your feeling on this?

Charlie and Judy Eden E 30+:egrin: :egrin: