2006 Mid Atlantic Rendezvous

Annapolis E-27

Member III
Stay to port along #6 and #8 as you enter Mill Creek and you will be fine. The most popular spot to raft-up in Mill Creek is just beyond #11. See you all at 3:30.

CaptnNero

Accelerant
local knowledge

Thanks for the tips, see you at 3:30 past 11 at Evening Tide. Are you sure about that tide ? ;)

Annapolis E-27 said:
Stay to port along #6 and #8 as you enter Mill Creek and you will be fine. The most popular spot to raft-up in Mill Creek is just beyond #11. See you all at 3:30.

Last edited:

CaptnNero

Accelerant
the prelude

Chris if you're still going to be thirsty for Davis's or Boatyard Thursday evening we can be there.

Chris Miller said:
We'll have Sequoia out for Governor's Cup (Annapolis to St. Mary's) leaving that Friday evening, but we'll be in Naptown on Thursday night if anyone wants to grab a beer at Boatyard or Davis's. Also, the start of the Governor's cup is always impressive on Friday night just outside the harbor at Annapolis Red #2. http://www.smcm.edu/govcup/
Have a great time and eat some crabs and cold one's for us :egrin:

-Below is a shot from last year's Gov Cup.

CaptnNero

Accelerant
Mill Creek

Update at the rendezvous Saturday...
Vessels there:
Kokomo
Wild Blue
Betty Anne
Evening Tide
Spirit
Also well represented with full crew:
Emerald

pictures to come...

Last edited:

therapidone

Member III
Nice to meet everyone

I just thought I'd post a quick note of how much we appreciated meeting everybody & how we'd like to see everybody (and more) again! It was great to meet:
Cap'n Nero (Neal) and the Galley Slave (Peg) both of Kokomo & to whom much thanks :clap: is owed for hosting delightful chat & drinks at the post-Cantler's get-together in Kokomo's cockpit, Mark of Evening Tide near Cantler's (who almost bought Spirit before we glommed on to her), Vince of Wild Blue (nice t-shirt, Vince, and a beautiful boat!) who single-handed her over from Mears Point & headed back under the moonlight--since we didn't see Wild Blue aground, we're assuming Vince had no trouble exiting, in the dark, the hair-pin channel marked almost exclusively by day markers into Whitehall Bay, 'bella (aka Anne, who showed up via land yacht after securing the purchase of a '62 LeCompte...hey, there's absolutlely NO relationship 'twixt Ericsons and LeComptes other than they are both sailing vessels!), and the 2 easy-going vagabonds from the Philly area, Vernon and Dan (Vernon's "hot blonde"--his description, not mine, but I wouldn't argue with it--daughter, Kim, showed up also via land yacht from DC), who get the prize for coming the greatest distance & also deserve many thanks :hail: for towing our dinghy to and fro saving me much needed exercise and a lot of time as the raft-up was at least a half-mile away from Cantler's, Emerald's previous owner, another David (Ray--sp?--as surname), and, finally, David Auld of Emerald, who also had to make his way to the event via land yacht 'cuz of what he insists is a spell that I cast upon Emerald causing the transmission to be in need of major medical attention.

Spirit arrived late (we were having too much fun sailing)...another great day on the bay this summer--very, very unusual--as we came out of the South River, headed SSE close-hulled 'til we were certain that our one and only tack would keep Thomas Point Light on our port, tacked that one time & sailed all the way to the entrance of Whitehall Bay on that starboard tack, again close-hulled, at approx 5.5kt the entire way, occasionally "streaking" into the plus-6kt territory, towing the inflatable--well, semi-inflatable, as it turned out--dinghy, carrying myself, Cathy, and #2 son, Keith, who drove down from Pittsburgh to spend the weekend w/ us.:D

Much thanks and praise to David Auld's organizing efforts!:clap: :hail:

Sean: others took the pics, so it will be up to them to get them to you!:unsure:

Unfortunately, we've made plans to be out of the area the weekend of the Annapolis Sailboat Show in October (10/5-9, Columbus Day holiday weekend), which is when the next scheduled "affair" of the CEOs (Chesapeake Ericson Owners) is, more or less, set to take place...more to come.

Regards,

Ed:egrin:

Emerald

Think it is safe to say that this was a good event and fun was had by all. I finally have sent my pictures off to Sean (as others have, I believe).

Now, start thinking about the Annapolis Sailboat show this October. Plans are afoot for another gathering that Saturday (October 7th, 2006).

-David
Independence 31
Emerald

Shadowfax

Member III
Pictures

How about posting the pictures to the list, so that those who wanted to make it, but couldn’t, can live vicariously through them and see what we missed.

Emerald

Hi Paul,

I sent the pictures to Sean so he could post higher resolutions than what I can upload. I think some other folks took some pictures also and are sending/sent them to Sean.

Stay tuned to see a er, um interesting collection of Vikings having fun.

:egrin:

-David
Independence 31
Emerald

Galley_Slave

Member II
Apologies to all. I have been a bit busy and haven't sent Sean my pictures from the rendezvous yet. Will do my best to get them out today.

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Some of the Images

Ok-Ok ; here are the images that David sent me. I'm actually in the process of creating the initial framework for a new site - including spaces (aka 'Regional Pages) where all the images from rendezvous will go - but right now I just wanted to get some images out to you guys...

Also - an outline of who is who...from one of the attendees:

Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2006 9:44 AM
To: admin@ericsonyachts.org
Subject: Chesapeake Raft Up pics

Thanks very much, Sean! And you have no need to apologize...It must be a labor of love for you 'cuz it certainly seems to me that it's almost like a half-time-to-full-time job with what you do on the EYO site!

I don't know whether anybody identified the folks at the table for you, but, in the event that you wanted to put faces to names of folks who post on the forum, starting from the right foreground & moving counter-clockwise:
Vernon (I've forgotten his last name), owner of Betty Anne (E-29), his crew and friend, Dan, David Auld (Emerald's owner--E-31 Independence), David Ray (Emerald's previous owner), unseen behind D. Ray is Vince Benn (E-38), owner of Wild Blue, then we have the Galley Slave at the head of the table, aka Peg, swinging around the far left corner of the table to her right, is her husband, Neal & they comprise the Vanderlipp's, who own Kokomo (E-34 200), then Mark, the owner of Evening Tide (E-27, who almost bought Spirit before we did 3.5 years ago), then my wife and best friend, Cathy, myself, and #2 son, Keith (down from Pittsburgh, PA, area to spend the weekend sailing w/ us), all aboard Spirit.

A woman who posts regularly to the Sailnet Ericson owners listserv, 'bella (aka Anne), arrived late & missed the pic taking after having eschwed the purchase of an Ericson earlier that day & settled, instead, on a '63 Le Comte...also, Vernon's daughter, Kim, arrived late having driven from DC to meet up w/ her father & to check out his sailboat. Vern and Dan had made their way from the Philadelphia area, down the Delaware River, into the Delaware Bay, then across the Chesapeake/Delaware Canal, and down the Chesapeake to the Annapolis area...they left Sunday morning to begin their 1.5 - 2 day trip back & were really great guys...in fact, we didn't find a stinker among the folks we met...but I never said that in front of any of them...don't want folks to get a big head, ya know.

The reason that we all still look relatively coherent & the table relatively orderly is that this was early in our "meeting"...neither the crabs nor the buckets after buckets of beers had begun to arrive at that point.

Thanks again for all the work you do & in making this much used and appreciated service available.

Regards,
Ed

//sse

Attachments

• 380.jpg
    380.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 84
  • cantlers.jpg
    cantlers.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 84
  • ericsons-rafting.jpg
    ericsons-rafting.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 83
  • ericsons-to-the-left-ericsons-to-the-right.jpg
    ericsons-to-the-left-ericsons-to-the-right.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 83
  • table1.jpg
    table1.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 85

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
More Images...

More images from the 2006 Mid Atlantic Rendezvous ...

Attachments

• kokomo1.jpg
    kokomo1.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 88
  • kokomo2.jpg
    kokomo2.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 86
  • tugby1.jpg
    tugby1.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 86
  • tugby2.jpg
    tugby2.jpg