1st in Newport to Ensenada 2011

cimarronE35

Member I
E35-2 Cimarron, 1st to finish, 1st on corrected time in phrf G.
A long, light and shifty race to Ensenada. Only 5 of our 12 starters finished.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Way Cool!
Did you get to use an inner jib like your sistership pictured in this site's splash screen?
Got any pics to post??
:egrin:

LB

cimarronE35

Member I
We used every sail I own. Not counting the #3. The daisy went up for about an hour just outside of the coronado islands and alot as a drifter. Crew work was outstanding. 400,000 sail changes with out one misstake.

Seth

Sustaining Partner
"inner jib"?

Very funny Loren;) For those of us who are less sophisticated, he was referring to a genoa staysail.

This is different from a daisy staysail (which is flown either under a spinnaker or tacked at the bow as a drifter/windseeker as Cimarron sez), and is tall, skinny and built with fairly light weight fabric.

The genoa staysail is low aspect and made with heavier cloth as it is designed to be flown under a reaching genoa (aka reacher/jibtop, etc.) in a very wide wind speed range and at closer apparent wind angles (with the resulting higher loads).

BTW-Congrats Cimarron! I was on Medicine Man (3rd mono accross the line). It took us 10 hours to go the first 115 miles :egrin:(Todos Santos Bay/3 miles off Salsipuedes),and 9.5 hours to the last 10 miles!:mad:

At 9:45 pm we were doing 17 knots:cool:, and by 10:00 we were doing 0.00:esad:. The main reason we progressed that night was the .75-1.0 knot current pushing us towards the finish line. Typical, huh?

Happy Trails!

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Picturing the "inner bouquet"

Not having a staysail, wind seeker, or a jib top, I was picturing a daisy!
My boat needs more sails with cool names. (LOL)

If that flower is large enough, it must catch a bit of breeze...
:rolleyes:

LB

Attachments

• Daisy-Flower.jpg
    Daisy-Flower.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 54

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Way to go Cimarron! It's fun to get a bullet. (I've only done it as a crewmember, and not because I screwed up.)