1978 Ericson 27 for sale in Seattle

Ben Romano

We are selling our 1978 Ericson 27. We’ve had fun with her, but a full family schedule (and varying levels of interest in sailing among family members) prevents us from using her enough to justify continuing to keep her. I’m thankful for the time we’ve had on her – and all that I’ve learned, including a great deal from fellow Ericson owners on here. I hope to hand her off to someone who will realize her full potential.
Places - 1 of 1.jpeg

She is ready and able for day sailing, which we’ve done a couple times a month. With some work, or a different level of required comfort, she could be ready for multi-night cruises around the Puget Sound.

She has all new standing rigging and a Harken MKIV Unit 0 jib furler, done in spring of 2022. New jib halyard, spreader boots and AIS-enabled antenna added at that time as well. She is a joy to sail, and is easily single handed.

Her engine, an 8hp diesel Yanmar YSB8, has been completely reliable. Starts and runs like a champ. Currently has about 642 hours. Received full engine service, including new main exhaust hose, in fall of 2020 at CSR Marine. She also got a new fuel tank, shift and throttle cables, bottom paint, and LED nav lights at that time.

Currently moored at Shilshole Bay Marina in Seattle. The slip can be subleased, with marina approval, for up to a year. The current wait time for a 30-foot slip is about 10 months.

Please contact me if you're interested. Happy to provide more information and arrange to show her.

Last edited: