Guest viewing is limited

Water pump chatters at end of each cycle

southofvictor

Member III
Blogs Author
I have a Shurflo Aqua King II pump
and a Shurflo accumulator. My pump is chattering at the end of each cycle. No cycling on and off unless I turn the tap. No visible leaks. I first noticed it when one of my tanks ran low, and switching to the other tank seemed to fix it. Now it’s back, on both tanks, even when freshly filled.

Anyone able to share what is causing and how to fix it?

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
I have a Shurflo Aqua King II pump
and a Shurflo accumulator. My pump is chattering at the end of each cycle. No cycling on and off unless I turn the tap. No visible leaks. I first noticed it when one of my tanks ran low, and switching to the other tank seemed to fix it. Now it’s back, on both tanks, even when freshly filled.

Anyone able to share what is causing and how to fix it?
Chattering can be caused by air in the water lines. I correct that by opening all taps--galley and head sinks--until water flows freely at full pressure from them all with no air pops. It doesn't take long.
There is also a tiny pressure adjustment screw, often Allen head, on one end of the pump, which can be turned a half turn or more to increase or decrease the pressure. I found the Shurflo tech staff very helpful in explaining how to adjust that when I phoned them.
Frank