E-38 Regatta?

ted_reshetiloff

Contributing Partner
This Satuday June 30 All Ericsons Welcome

Please accept the following as our NOR/Sailing Instructions for saturday's race/cruise I am using an older chart so the bouy numbers may be off my apologies but I think we will figure it out:

Racing will be governed by the Racing Rules of sailing (Current RRS).

Rendezvous: Vacinity of Thomas Point Light 1200 Saturday June 30. Please hail SV Escape Plan with your sail number or boat name if you intend to race.

Start: Between flag on power boat (26' Lyman Cruisette) and government mark C "75" Green can off Thomas Point. Start sequesnce will follow RRS 26, 5 Minute series.

Finish: Red Nun "8" southwest of Bennett Point off of the mouth of Wye River entrance on the Miles River.

Course: To be announced by 1215 by SV Escape Plan. It will be one of the following: Long Course: Honor R "84" to port, Bloody Point light to port, G "1" off Bloody Point to port, R "4" off Rich Neck to Starboard, Red Nun "8" to port at the finish. Short course delete R "84" from the long course and honor all other marks as outlined.

Signals: 1224 Series of short horn or whistle blasts to signal approx 1 minute to sequence start.
1225 One Blast 5 minutes to start
1226 One blast 4 Minutes to start
1229 One Blast 1 Minute to start
1230 One Blast Start

Race committee will attempt to hail OCS competitors but onus remains with skippers to start fairly.

Time Limit: 6 hours, if you really want to endure that long you need your head examined.

Protests: Any protesting yacht will be reqiured to supply Rum and Tonic of sufficient quantities to convince RC to hear your case. Subsequent protest hearings will be held at Fall Rendezvous with results likely to be unfair.

Awards: To be determined.

Social: Raft up in Shaw bay just inside mouth of Wye River to starboard. All Ericsons and thier friends of any yacht make welcome.

Sunday Race Back: To be determined by yachts present...

Communications: SV Escape Plan to monitor VHF channel 65 with course info and starting sequence details. Escape Plan can also be hailed via phone at 410-919-8539. Skipper Ted Reshetiloff.

Blue Moon

Member I
regrets

Sounds like a great time. I wish we could make it, maybe the next one. I'll keep checking for future information.

Rick Bitler
E333 - Blue Moon
Great Oak Landing Marina

ted_reshetiloff

Contributing Partner
I just got a CD with 42 high resolution pictures on it from the start of our regatta. The Cd is about 64mb is total size. Not sure if there is a easy way for me to email pics or if it makes more sense to simply burn copies and mail them. I'm happy to do either. Probably makes sense to get a copy to our webmaster here as well. p-mail me at ted_reshetiloff@yahoo.com with your addresses for mailing.