• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

2016 Rendezous @ Maple Bay, July 8 - 10

InSync

Member II
Rendezvous organizer?

Does anyone know who has taken the helm for organizing this year's rendezvous in Maple Bay?

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
The "Helm" position

Does anyone know who has taken the helm for organizing this year's rendezvous in Maple Bay?

While no one seems to want to doff the quartermaster's uniform, Chas and Judi seem to be somewhat interested in being part of the coordinating team. If you are amenable to running things by committee, you might want to include Harold and Jessie, too, and others will likely respond to an invite.
These little get-togethers sometimes are lucky enough to attract a stronger leader for a year, and other times it's pretty informal. 2014 was very well organized, with handouts and a cake to feast on. Even if I lived in your area, I doubt that I could do anything like that.

I believe that if you ask participants to each bring something off of a small list of stuff, you will get some good help. Then you just need to keep the list of features up to date, to avoid duplication.

For instance, having a whole LOT of paper plates, napkins, and plastic flatware left over from some past boating whing-dings, we will be bringing all of this kit with us. :)

You likely will have additional ideas. I have seen T-shirts mentioned, so I hope someone can source some. (Put us down for two of them, size XL, by the way!)

If you guys can talk Stuart into giving another seminar, I believe that that group would love it. We certainly did.
(Just as a for-instance)

I look forward to seeing his E-31C again, as well.

Regards,
Loren

Theanswer

Member I
"The Answer" E-38 Strong Possibility

While in Friday Harbor met Bob Morison who told me about the Rendezvous. Have to check specifics but we sail in and around the GIs first two weeks in July and would love to make this! My guess is we will be there. We are new Ericson Owners (always been Pearson Owners) so look forward to connection with others.

InSync

Member II
Rendezvous Maple Bay

While in Friday Harbor met Bob Morison who told me about the Rendezvous. Have to check specifics but we sail in and around the GIs first two weeks in July and would love to make this! My guess is we will be there. We are new Ericson Owners (always been Pearson Owners) so look forward to connection with others.

Despite their fearsome reputation this group of Vikings actually makes quite a welcoming group. Hope you can make it!

Most boats arrive Friday, there is live music in the pub Friday night, Saturday is pot luck dinner night at the Quarterdeck picnic shelter and Sunday is usually a lazy morning, some boats will head out Sunday, others will stay around. Contact Maple Bay Marina directly for moorage reservations.

Hope to see you there!

InSync

Member II
The Helm

While no one seems to want to doff the quartermaster's uniform, Chas and Judi seem to be somewhat interested in being part of the coordinating team. If you are amenable to running things by committee, you might want to include Harold and Jessie, too, and others will likely respond to an invite.
These little get-togethers sometimes are lucky enough to attract a stronger leader for a year, and other times it's pretty informal. 2014 was very well organized, with handouts and a cake to feast on. Even if I lived in your area, I doubt that I could do anything like that.

I believe that if you ask participants to each bring something off of a small list of stuff, you will get some good help. Then you just need to keep the list of features up to date, to avoid duplication.

For instance, having a whole LOT of paper plates, napkins, and plastic flatware left over from some past boating whing-dings, we will be bringing all of this kit with us. :)

You likely will have additional ideas. I have seen T-shirts mentioned, so I hope someone can source some. (Put us down for two of them, size XL, by the way!)

If you guys can talk Stuart into giving another seminar, I believe that that group would love it. We certainly did.
(Just as a for-instance)

I look forward to seeing his E-31C again, as well.

Regards,
Loren

Whoa! Slow down Loren! I was asking who was organizing this year's rendezvous, not offering to organize it. Lol! We just finished building a house, I'm up to my neck in landscaping dirt and we still haven't had a chance for a boat trip this spring and it's April already! No time to volunteer to organize rendezvous I'm afraid. However, as we do keep our boat at Maple Bay and we are there frequently enough, I did confirm with Carol at Maple Bay that theQuarterdeck picnic shelter will be available for us for the potluck dinner Saturday night. It's looking like there will be quite a nice turnout.

Sorry, no Tshirts this year, unless someone else is able to step up and organize them.

See you in July!

H.

hodo

Member III
T shirts

Hi all, if there is a burning need for T shirts, I will need a rapid response as to size and count. I will talk to my source next week. I'm guessing about the same price as last year. Thanks, Harold:devil:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Hi all, if there is a burning need for T shirts, I will need a rapid response as to size and count. I will talk to my source next week. I'm guessing about the same price as last year. Thanks, Harold:devil:

For Kathy and I, please order up FOUR, size XL. (The extra two are for EY friends here that connote attend...)

Thanks much.

Loren

Last edited:

supersailor

Contributing Partner
Terra Nova has finally cleared her early July docket and made the reservations for Maple Bay. See you all there!

hodo

Member III
Shirts

Hello out there, any more T shirt requests, I need to know by the 20th. The more, the less the cost.
Thanks Harold :devil:

hodo

Member III
T shirts.

Sorry, my contact for T shirts is no longer able to provide them. Maybe someone else can pick this up?
Harold:devil:

Annette

YAY! Space for one more?

Hi all! I am so happy I just thought "hmmm I should check where the rendezvous is this year!" and saw this thread! I could make the dates with my 32 1973 Peregrine! Any spots left?

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
Of course! We can always accommodate more. :)
Contact the Maple Bay Marina to reserve a dock space and let them know you're part of the rendezvous.
Frank

Last edited:

p.gazibara

Member III
Can't make it :(

I was excited to come, but unfortunately work has decided to send me to Australia for the month. Safe travels to all!

P

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
Random thought

I can't make it to the rendezvous... I had previously committed to being somewhere else that weekend.

But I will be around on Thursday and Friday prior, and could easily make it to Port Townsend for a day. Or something.

If anyone is headed up the Sound and would be interested in a mini-get-together on their way to the Main Event... let me know and I'll start looking into guest space over there.

Mike H

Member I
Hoping to be there

Just made reservations and looking forward to seeing everyone again. Mike, Ruth (and probably Sophie)

InSync

Member II
Rendezvous

Here's a good reason to linger in Maple Bay over Sunday:

Maple Bay Marina is pleased to provide FREE live music on Sundays during July and August. To enhance the sweetness of the melodies, the Mariners Market & Espresso Bar will feature an ice cream sundae bar during the performances; scoop it up, build your own - flavour it oh so right.
STEW is a dynamic duo band comprised of accomplished musicians; Brent Hutchinson, from Uncle Wiggly's Hot Shoes Blues Band, and Terry Wicks, whose commercial CD recordings include The Best of Both Sides.
Come and enjoy their blend of songs and melodies - a STEW blended from hits of the decades: the swinging 30's, sweet ballads, spicy blues, a dash of country and classic folk rock favourites.

Where?
Performances will be held in the marina courtyard area, just outside the Mariners Market & Espresso Bar.
When?
Every Sunday in July and August between 11 am and 1 pm.

If you were planning on heading out Sunday, you might want to call Carol at Maple Bay Marina to extend your reservation until Monday!

Looking forward to the rendezvous!

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
"One if by Land, nothing if by Sea"

Our boat projects, particularly some needed safety and other upgrades, are not getting completed soon enough for a an offshore trip up the coast this year.
I have booked us into a B&B near Maple Bay and we will be at the Viking Gathering. Looking forward to meeting old and new friends.

We will miss our hoped-for boating vacation around the Gulf Islands, but plans change, and sometimes we just have to adjust our sails, as the saying goes.

See you all there,
Loren

Last edited: