• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Heading to Isthmus on Thursday July 22nd

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Well I am finally going to try to get back to the Island. Heading over to the Isthmus on Thursday July 22nd, I may only stay until Saturday the 24th we'll see. I am prepared for possible crowds, so I may end up at Howlands or Emerald. If any of you are over there then you can try hailing The Pride of Cucamonga on 16.

Hopefully no more burps from my fuel system / tank.

Beam Winds :egrin:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
"back to the island..."

Well I am finally going to try to get back to the Island. Heading over to the Isthmus on Thursday July 22nd, I may only stay until Saturday the 24th we'll see. I am prepared for possible crowds, so I may end up at Howlands or Emerald. If any of you are over there then you can try hailing The Pride of Cucamonga on 16.

Hopefully no more burps from my fuel system / tank.

Beam Winds :egrin:

Here ya go...........
;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0X0aqx3UHI

Sven

Seglare
Say it ain't so :egrin:

We're heading over on Friday 7-23.

Is there any particular reason why you expect crowds ? I mean more than usual ?

-Sven

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Say it ain't so :egrin:

Is there any particular reason why you expect crowds ? I mean more than usual ?

-Sven

Just the fact that the weathers good and it's summer. As of late I have developed a kind of pessimistic approach to all things sailing related, never mind me. Hope to see you there Sven!

Be prepared, see pic from mid July 2006.

Attachments

• P1010003_31.jpg
    P1010003_31.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Mike, Great to see you on Saturday, sorry to wake you. I really loved meeting Starbuck. He's a keeper! You need to submit him to the Log's or even our Marina's "Dog On Board" photo opps! :egrin:

Sven & Nancy, I putted my dinghy over to your slip a couple times over the weekend, once on Sat. and no one aboard Senta II, then again on Sun. and Senta II was gone. Did you already go the Island or just do a day sail. :rolleyes:

Still planing on Two Harbors for Thursday & Friday nights for sure. Not sure if I will stay for Saturday. :rolleyes:

Nice Island chill out song Mike, :p here's one I enjoy while I'm sailing to the Island. Not sure why the video shows snow capped mountains, I always in vision the tropics when I hear it.
Art of Noise - Robinson Crusoe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwlS0TYQLRk

Last edited by a moderator:

Sven

Seglare
Jeff,

Fixed your spelling :devil:

My niece was visiting us so we only made it down to the marina on Sunday. Went out for a day-sail with our neighbors on Sunday. I feel really bad for them because I didn't realize how little it would take for them both to get queasy. They had warned me so I should have stayed inside the breakwater but didn't, now I know.

Once we got back into the slip all was great and we started lunch again.

Sorry we missed you. We were just talking about how we hadn't seen you down there for a while. From last weekend: http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/M5oFiNHTBkRZzsLlbICVRw?feat=directlink

We're still heading over on Friday morning and are looking forward to a really nice weekend.

-Sven

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Thanks for taking the Cuc's photo Sven! I don't often see that view. I thought I scrubbed that exhaust stain off the transom on Sat., well it looked clean from where I was, in the dink, scrubbing it. What did I miss spell your name again? I would probably be completely illegible if it were not for spell check.

I too have had my share of sea sick passengers this year. First my Brother, then my best friends Wife and child. I always offer the Dramamine before we head out, but they never think they need it. I always feel so guilty as a Skipper when someone get's sick. Having never been sea sick I really don't know what it's like. As soon as someone does start getting ill I will always get them ashore asap.

Hope to see you Friday!

Last edited:

Sven

Seglare
The picture was from last weekend, a weekend ago :)

English is such an ambiguous language I wonder how we ever communicate anything. Anyway, the soot stain may very well be completely gone after your diligent scrubbing.

-Sven

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Never mind.

Never mind.

I'm still going. When I called my Buddy with that idea he was so disappointed.

I'm still heading out in the am fog a drizzle as planned.

I know, wishy washy.

Sven

Seglare
Jeff lucked out ?

I just checked the web cam and it looks like Jeff and the Cuc is in sunshine :egrin:

-Sven

Mikebat

Member III
I think I am going to have to pass on a visit to the Isthmus this weekend. I got a new bike, and am having some problems with it, and want to get those fixed. I also need to get my car serviced. I don't see how I can get all that done in the next few hours today. So I will stick around the harbor and see you at the island next weekend.

Glyn Judson

A little late to be telling you this....sort of.

All, Marilyn and I spent the early part of this last week at the Isthmus. We slept aboard Saturday night and backed out of the slip at 0600 last Sunday morning. We moored the Dawn Treader on B12 in the Isthmus for the week and caught the Del Rey Flyer home yesterday at 1600 (guide dog duties tomorrow). Marilyn is still there and will be until 1000 Sunday morning when she'll sail home. So if anyone wants to connect with her and sweet Frank our Golden Retriever, stop by to say howdy. She told me today on the phone that there was another E31, hull #65 in the Isthmus who she went out to see this morning. Jeff is there on the Pride and he says that Sven and Nancy are there too. Sounds like a Viking raid on the community could be in the wings. Cheers, Glyn