Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Last edited:

Rowan

Member I
Two E31s in the same marina

Enchantress is a very pretty E31 and obviously well cared for - we haven't met the owners yet but we have seen the boat at the marina a few times. We just recently (yesterday) moved to the same marina so I expect we'll run into them at some point, being new E31 owners we'll have lots of questions for them I'm sure :)

BTW Enchantress is hull 58 and 'Imi Loa is hull 59, what are the odds? :rolleyes:

Rowan

Earwax

New Viking
Nice lines

That is a really nice looking E31. I love the paint job! Those are also the first photos I've seen of an asym flying on an E31...something I haven't done on Invictus yet.

Rowan

Member I
Enchantress and an E-36C

We just spent a very nice 3 day weekend in St. Helens, the weather was beautiful (a bit on the hot side for Portland but after our damp chilly June and early July I'm not going to complain). We finally met Mike, the owner of Enchantress, a very nice fellow indeed. Devon and I are both new to the sailing/boating world so although we love looking at other sailboats we aren't so good at the "name that boat" game. However Devon did spot this E-36C docked across the channel at Sandy Island:

e36c.jpg

Rowan

Member I
and yet another E31

Devon and I were down in the Bay Area a few weeks ago and we spotted this E31.

hull26.jpg

We were down there visiting my family but we also took the opportunity to check out some of the local marinas (we hope to be moving down in the next year or so). The first marina we looked at was Brickyard Cove Marina in Point Richmond (we were actually headed for Marina Bay Yacht Harbor but took a wrong turn and ended up at Brickyard Cove). As we stood at the top of the ramp looking out over the boats Devon spotted an E31. We walked down for a closer look and determined (via hull ID #) that she was hull 26, which is the one in the brochure. It was pretty cool, especially since my sisters were both with us and they haven't seen our E31 yet (and are both very interested) so they got a chance to see one of her sisters.

There are about 60 marinas in the Bay Area (including the Delta) so it was a pretty neat coincidence to stumble upon an E31 completely randomly.

Of course if we had thought to look at (or bring) the spreadsheet Glyn Judson sent us we would have known exactly where to find an E31 to show my sisters :)

Greg Ross

Not the newest member
The select and privledged E 31 community!

Rowan,
Being now a member of such a privledged and select group, I feel reasonably certain that if you haven't met Glyn you no doubt soon will. He'll tell you he's set foot on virtually every boat in the fleet and if your boat has been in California for any period of time he's most likely been aboard yours as well. He and Marilyn along with one of the Guide Dogs in Training" visited us here several years ago and we managed to get in at least one sail.
Earwax,
Welcome as well, I believe I see in one of your images the port in "Me" on the transom. I do believe your E31 might previously have been the closest E 31 to me here in Prince Edward Island. The day the water was exiting the stern tube must have been an interesting day!
The open mouth vents as on your 1/4 deck caused me a goodly bit of grief. I had occasion to get towed via the top of the Mast to get me off a shoal. From being heeled over while under tow we shipped "a lot" of water. I now have bronze mushroom vents there that can be closed off tight! And I can well relate to a water filled bilge as well!

CaptDan

Member III
The first marina we looked at was Brickyard Cove Marina in Point Richmond

And a fine marina it is, sir. In fact, there are plenty of Ericsons; B-Dock is virtually ruled by E35s - ours included. :egrin:

If you're considering a move to SF Bay, you could do a lot worse than Brickyard - depending, of course - on where you live. The berthage is reasonable and access to the Bay is but minutes from the harbor. And, obviously, you'll be in good company.:)

Capt Dan G>E35II "Kunu"

Last edited: