Yacht Exchange

hodo

Member III
While sitting back and sipping some Capt. Morgan's Private Stock rum, (no Coke needed), a thought ran through my mind. My brain being somewhat like a rusty trap,you never know when some thing will get caught, or if it will just lie there, I figured this meant that maybe it MIGHT be an idea worth thinking about. How does a EYOA yacht swap for vacationing Ericson owners sound? There are many places to explore,and its got to be easier than transporting. Maybe I need more rum. I'll see if that helps.......... :cheers: :devil: Hodo

MichaelW

I think it's a great idea.... but then living in Australia puts us just a little out of reach for all you folks on the other side of the pacific.

Still, if any of you want to swap a house/Ericson or even just call in as you pass through Melbourne, give us a call.

While you are here you could help me get my water pump working!

Michael White and Christine Edwards :egrin:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
At first glance I like the idea. It would be great to go to a different scenic cruising area and have a well-prepared boat to use while there. I have no idea just how the insurance liability would pencil out, though... :confused:
People have been vacation-swapping homes for decades, around the world -- so there must be an equitable way for the situation to work for both parties.

Yes, I realize that chartering is always an option... Perhaps I am just reacting to all those stories I have been hearing for so long about friends that spent a significant number of their expensive chartering hours/days trying to fix broken systems on boats with only two blown-out sails! :(

Interesting thread. Anyone know how many hours in an airplane is required to get to Melbourne from Portland, OR?
:)

(Just don't make me fix the water pump after I arrive!)

Loren
:rolleyes: