When your inflatable's oarlock breaks ...

Sven

Seglare
During the Southern California Ericson Gathering (SCEG ?) one of our WM inflatable's oarlocks suffered a malfunction. I really don't think you are supposed to use the oars on those WM inflatables but our inflatable only has an inboard so we depend on the oars.

Anyway, my point is that if you should ever have your oars suffer a manufacturing defect malfunction like we did, you can actually still row quite well. Just loop the oars in the line like the pictures show and you'll be off in no time. The plastic lines will probably wear after a while, but for a weekend or week it works great.

-Sven (A.K.A. the inboard)

Attachments

• IMG_4593.jpg
    IMG_4593.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_4594.jpg
    IMG_4594.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 50

Sven

Seglare
Once again ... boaters are different !

I just posted a question to the SSCA forum asking for sources for oarlocks so I wouldn't have to buy a whole $140 "oarlock upgrade kit" just to get the one defective part for our $700 dingy (with oars and oarlocks included).

A few hours later I get a message back from Steve Lance with Defender saying that he might find one in the spare parts bin or the warehouse if I just show him which model it is. That is certainly "above and beyond" and outstanding business !

I hope he does find one but even if he doesn't he scored huge points in our book.

-Sven