When white gelcoat ages ... ?

Sven

Seglare
Does it get yellower or bleach whiter ?

I am concerned that our self-starting repair guy doesn't know what he is doing. West systems instructions say to match the color of freshly sanded gelcoat in order to match the color in the long term, but I wasn't there to see if Chico did that.

I just wonder how much re-work we will have to do once we find someone who is skilled at gelcoat repair.

-Sven

chasandjudy

chas and judy
Does it get yellower or bleach whiter ?

I am concerned that our self-starting repair guy doesn't know what he is doing. West systems instructions say to match the color of freshly sanded gelcoat in order to match the color in the long term, but I wasn't there to see if Chico did that.

I just wonder how much re-work we will have to do once we find someone who is skilled at gelcoat repair.

-Sven

Just my 2 cents worth. to match the gell coat on my old 1972 C+C .on a per pt amount it was 1 oz of black and 2 oz of yellow wth balance being chalk white'
you my ave to very this formula depending on the white used. However you cannot find the damage even three purchases later, not one surveyer found it
P.S. a layer of cloth was put inside the hull as well.

Chas SV Eden E 30+