What's in a Forum Name?

Nick J

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
I've even thought about canceling my account so I could create a new one with my name, but I don't want to loose all the conversations I've had over the years.
I recently noticed it is possible to change your user name with the help of our admin group. For those who are interested, under your account detail page, there's a Change button next to your username:
1683137063384.png

Bolo

Contributing Partner
I recently noticed it is possible to change your user name with the help of our admin group. For those who are interested, under your account detail page, there's a Change button next to your username:
View attachment 46941
Interesting. I'm assuming that all past postings, responses, etc are not lost but just linked to the changed name?

Dave G.

1984 E30+ Ludington, MI
Oh, so now we have to relearn who's who all over again. Nick J ?...doesn't ring a bell. :)

Slick470

Member III
Interesting thread and I definitely get Christian's point. I joined way back in 2008 before I had purchased our Ericson and it was easier for me to use the same screen name on all my sailing related forums. My screen name comes from a long standing nickname "Slick" and a type of boat that I enjoyed zipping around on a lake with friends in college.

While keeping the screen name on some of the more anonymous forums like SA still makes some sense, I've never really tried to hide who I am here and have had my name in my signature line for years. I also manage a FB group for Olson 911S and a number of people here know me from both places, so it's pretty easy to figure out who I am.

Brendon Wright

You've convinced me. I just submitted my name change to my actual name. It was "Tafarn ar y dwr" (Tavern on the water in Welsh).