What's back there - Anchor Locker

Mindscape

Member III
Interesting - so you got it out

jgarmin098 - so what was down there? I assume you could get access to the back of the cleats and the bow pulpit. I'm thinking of just going with the inspection plates as mentioned by Geoff. I'm glad to hear you say there was no access to the bottom, as I couldn't figure out how that could happen on my boat. Let us know if there was anything of interest down there. Why did you take your's out in the first place?

CaptnNero

Accelerant
Our boat actually has a small door in the middle of the vberth's forward bulkhead. It is large enough to get your head or arm in, but I don't think it's large enough to service anything but removing the drain hose on the well. I think it's true purpose was to access the chain locker if you put a hause pipe above.

Now that I deepened the well and added another layer of bulkhead, the door opens onto the bulkhead. Maybe I'll put a special picture in there to surprise nosey visitors.

Mindscape

Member III
Another good idea

If I decide to take the locker all the way out, putting a door in forward vberth bulkhead might be a good idea. I could help with getting the locker out, and more importantly in. It might provide access to the drain hose and make the process of reinstalling a little better.

jgarmin098

Member II
Mindscape said:
jgarmin098 - so what was down there? I assume you could get access to the back of the cleats and the bow pulpit. I'm thinking of just going with the inspection plates as mentioned by Geoff. I'm glad to hear you say there was no access to the bottom, as I couldn't figure out how that could happen on my boat. Let us know if there was anything of interest down there. Why did you take your's out in the first place?

I took it out to repair the anchor locker hatch dog from the underside. Mine was the one with aluminum backing plates laminated into the deck.

The only thing of interest is the inside of the hull in the bow and the underside of the deck for rebedding purposes.

I was hoping to find a stash of hundred dollar bills but was ultimately disappointed.

Mindscape

Member III
100 dollar bills

I've been looking for that same stash of bills on my boat - no luck so far. Keep hoping that it will pop up.