Wet core advise

gargrag

Member II
Hi folks, I'm looking forward to learn about how you have dealt with this in the past.
I removed my handrails and on the starboard side, I noticed there's some moist, I know there's some delamination also on the inside.

there are no soft spots, I had one on the cockpit which I fixed the hard way (cutting out the fiberglass, removing rotten core, and filling up with thickened epoxy.

I'm trying to avoid installing the new handrails, and enclose the humidity there.

boat has probably been neglected by Po.

has anyone tried injectadeck or something else?

IMG_1985.jpeg

IMG_4283.jpeg

Nick J

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
I'm far from an expert, but I did this repair on my 25+ a few years ago before we sold it and purchased a 35-3. I tackled it from below to avoid gel coat repair. It was a big project, but I would do it the same way if I ever have to do it again.

gargrag

Member II
I'm far from an expert, but I did this repair on my 25+ a few years ago before we sold it and purchased a 35-3. I tackled it from below to avoid gel coat repair. It was a big project, but I would do it the same way if I ever have to do it again.

This is encouraging thanks! I did put new headliner, removable tho.

need to figure out a decent yard that wont charge me an arm and a leg to do this repair … oh boy