WANTED - used sails for E38 200

Roger Ware

Member III
If anyone has either a furling headsail (Harken furler), or mainsail for an E38 200 - I might be interested. Condition should be good or better - I already have old sails!

Thanks, Roger Ware, Kingston, ON

u079721

Contributing Partner
Maybe....

Roger,

The UK loft in Detroit (now a Doyle loft) has the original main and 130 for my 1989 E-38 on consignment. They gave them each a 2.5 rating, whatever that means. But you might give them a call and ask. The sails are #10618-2 and #10618-1, at 586-790-7500.

Roger Ware

Member III
Thanks

Steve, thanks for the tip. My existing sails are the same age as yours so I am not sure these would be worth upgrading to, but I may give them a call.

Cheers, Roger

ted_reshetiloff

Contributing Partner
I am hoping to replace my 145% RF this spring. It is a Haarstick I think. 1998 I believe. Triple stitched and in good shape for its age. The sunbrella uv cover was restitched last winter, but the sunbrella itself could probably be replaced. I dont know what I will want for it but I know its heavy as hell and shipping it to Ontario could be a stretch. I also need to finish selling my wife on the new genoa...

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
But he only asked for a sail...

Ted, Please post picture of wife posing on the genoa.
Price?

:cheers:

Loren

Roger Ware

Member III
How much for the wife on the genoa?

Ted, thanks, let me know when you want to sell - I have a mailbox (a big one!) in NY that wouldn't be too horrific to ship to. I may have bought one elsewhere by then, though.

Cheers, Roger

ted_reshetiloff

Contributing Partner
I am thinking it will probably be late march or april by the time I am ready on the new genoa. By then the wife should be ready to be peeled off the sail... Not sure what I would want for it. I may take it to Bacons here in Annapolis and ask them what they think its worth. I have sold sails and hardware through them in the past but it can take some time and I would rather sell it to a fellow EY.org member. What do you think you would want to spend on a used sail?