Wanted: mid 1980's E 32, E 34 or E 35

GirlSailor

I'm ready, more than anxious, to find an E 32, E 34 or E 35 with the tri-axial hull. Where or condition isn't a concern. The issue for me is I do not have the going price for these boats.
But, hopefully, someone would like to see their boat go to a person who is both blue water experienced and meticulous.
I plan to refit for blue water and take her to the Pacific.
Anyone? Contact me here or at LovelyCruzz@aol.com
Thanks, AJ Stuermer

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I note that you have left the offshore-designed E-33 or E-36 off your short list.
These have a far better interior for blue water living than the others you mention...
The Holland design is a very good sailer, as well. I have seen a decent-appearing E-33 for sale in the low 30's.

Best,
Loren

Seth

Sustaining Partner
Offshore E-boats

Loren makes a very important point! In fact, the interiors alone make them greatly more desirable boats when offshore: you can actually sleep in a proper bunk, and still keep the cabin clear and functional.

In truth, the 36 is the truly best choice-long enough to really make some miles, and somewhat better balanced in terms of weight-the production 33 is a bit under ballasted, yet a bit too heavy in the hull, deck and interior-makes for a tippy boat-not bad, but the 36 is a better all-around boat-especially in heavy conditions. Also, both have in line spreaders, but the 36 is a masthead rig, and the 33 is a frac-Frac boats really need swept back spreaders or running backs if they have in-line spreaders-for offshore work.

Of course, you should install runners on ANY offshore boat-whatever the rig, but the frac rig will need them much more often.

Both boats have the TAFG-so are very strong.

The best news is I think you can get one for a lot less than a similar sized King boat (32, 34, 35).

The King boats are fantastic as well, biut the interiors are more suited to inshore crusing tha passagemaking.

That is all.

S