Wanted: Lewmar 2" deck organizer

Chris Miller

Sustaining Member
I've looked all over and it seems that Lewmar has changed their organizers to be all 40mm or 60mm from the old 2" (51mm) that is on our boat. I'm planning to do a double stack for some of my less loaded lines in my attempts to re-organize the whole of the running rigging. Any ideas where I might find one? I'd prefer a 2 sheave model, but would be willing to work with up to 4.
Thanks,
Chris

ted_reshetiloff

Contributing Partner
Chris I have been looking on Ebay at organizers myself. If you look at pyacht.com they have some nice spinlocks for about $50 IIRC. These have bearings in them too which the lewmars did not. At least the ones on my boat did not. Ben who also has a 38 replaced his organizers and just epoxied the old holes shut. IIRC this is a pretty accessible area on our boats. BTW pyachts.com has some really good prices on stuff. I dont have any ties to them other than a buddy who I used to work at Bacons with works there and he would let me pick up stuff in their Annapolis office to avoid shipping charges....

Chris Miller

Sustaining Member
Yeah... I just hate to replace what's already there and working. I'm thinking I might go with a Schaefer. They have a 2" with all the right spacing. It might look a little goofy, but would work for the stupid reefing lines (which is all this is for- I just don't have enough space for what I want to do).
Pyacht and Mauri both have really good prices. Thanks for the thoughts, let me know if you change yours out...
BTW- do you still have that easylock clutch?
THanks,
CHris

Roger Ware

Member III
reorganizing your running rigging

Chris, since I have the same boat, I would be interested in the details of what you are planning to do with your running rigging. Cheers, Roger, Kingston, ON