Wanted: Ericson 25+

rickperret

Hi

Looking for an Ericson 25+ in the Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Rhode Island area.

Just sold my old Tanzer and ready to move up.

Thanks

Rick
Fairfield, CT

Rob Hessenius

Inactive Member
E-25+

Rick- On the information exchange list you will find the "For Sale Header". Open it up and you will see that Sean has provided links to three sites that will direct you to Ericson's that are for sale . I would bet there are quite a few E25+ up in that neck of the woods for sale. Good luck in your quest. It will be neat to hear your story. I'm happy that you found this site. You will find tons of informational material that might just come in handy. I have a E25 CB, but would love to have the extra foot of beam that the Plus has, but where I'm at the retractable board outways my decision. Happy buying. Rob Hessenius

Last edited:

rssailor

25+

Rick,
You will really like having a 25+. Here are a few observations from owning mine for the last ten years. Don't buy either of the models with the sail drive, you will be unhappy. If you can afford it, look for one of the 26 models from about 83 on up. These have the TAFG grid in em and are stronger boats than their predecesors. On the 25+ models watch for cracking by the compression post in the cabin below the main bulkhead. Bulkheads are very poorly attached on the older 25+ models and need glass attention if you are going to really sail the boat. Feel free to ask more questions and good luck. Ryan

rickperret

25+ Question

Ryan, thanks for the input. Good to know that I need to avoid the pre '83 25+'s.,

Wanted to confirm something in your note - you mentioned "one of the 26 models from 83 on" - did you mean 25+ models from '83 on?

Thanks

Rick

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
You might want to go to the Specs and Docs part of this site and d/l the brochure for the late-80's E-26. I believe that it might be based on the slightly-earlier E-25+ hull. There was a late model E-26 in our YC, and it's quite good looking, like a scaled down fractional E-28 or 30 model. Quite a roomy and attractive boat for its size.

I would agree with the comment about the old sail drive, at least if it was the old OMC two-stroke Saildrive unit. Putting a nine hp two stroke powerhead on an S-drive had some interesting disadvantages. :mad:

OTOH, replacing the factory setup with a modern small diesel S-drive, might be a great upgrade if you wander into a deal on one of the OMC-afflicted E-25+ or E-26 versions and can put in a winter's worth of sweat equity.

Just a thought...
And, worth about what you paid for it!
;)

Loren

1983 E25+ For sale in Connecticut

Hi Rick, I am thinking of putting my boat up for sale this comming season. It is on the hard in Gales Ferry. It has the 1GM Yanmar, rebuilt in 2000. I have lots of Pic's that I can e-mail
s/v Breeze
Rich

Attachments

• BREEZE2B.jpg
    BREEZE2B.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 727

rwpajak

Member I
E26 Its About Time is for sale

Rick,
My 1987 E26 is for sale. A fresh water boat, always on Lake Champlain. Its in very good shape amd has many upgrades. The 26 and 25 are almost the same boat but the 26 was the newer model, 25' 11". Sales fast, no probems. My asking price is the list, $23,300. I've seen a few and don't think you find one is overall better shape.
My email is rwpajak@comcast.net if you want me to send photos, specs.
I'm selling because I already bought a bigger boat.