Wanted: Dodger/bimini for E-39

Chris Miller

Sustaining Member
have bimini frame from E38

We have a bimini frame from our 1988 38-200. It has no canvas but frame is in great shape- we just love the sun.
Chris

Chris Miller

Sustaining Member
Wow...

Hi Ted,
I've exchanged emails with Dan about his 39... we're going to see if it would work measurement-wise and if he's interested for his boat.
If he is not interested I'll be sure to contact you. No matter, I'd be glad to measure it and take pictures for you in case you need to have one built.

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Miller

Sustaining Member
Searching the basement and lazarette...

I'm going to have to go through the "Boat Stuff" sections of the basement and boat and see if we have any other original fixtures that we don't use. The bimini fell into that old theory about clothes in your closet... "if you haven't used it this year, get rid of it". Assuming of course it's not safety stuff- I guess that's not a good thought with the lifesling... :rolleyes:
Chris

bbboat

Member II
lifesling

Chris, don't know why you mentioned lifesling, but if anyone's interested I just replaced mine, so I have an older one available...

bbboat

Member II
Chris, I'll try out the bimini. If it doesn't work...

I measured and I think it will fit if I mount it in line with the steering wheel, which is closer to the companionway on the E39. I'll have to dry-fit it to make sure.

Ted, if I buy it from Chris and it doesn't work for my E39, would you still want it? I'm in Severna Park, a lot closer than St. Leonard.

Chris Miller

Sustaining Member
Should fit better

Actually, moving it fwd a little should help it's overall fit. I'll let you guys work out the details, but if it doesn't work for either, feel free to return it and we'll just call it a good try. Although it should fit exactly on Ted's boat like it did on ours. I'm just glad that we're all local so you can see if it will do what you're trying to do without having to spend the cash to have one built.
Thanks,
Chris

ted_reshetiloff

Contributing Partner
Definately interested if you don't like the fit. Either way I would like the dimensions as I have a friend who can make these things pretty easily once we know the dimensions of all the pieces. Thanks

bbboat

Member II
The bimini is yours, Ted, if you want it.

Sorry, Chris. Just got back an estimate on repairs to the deck around my mast partner, and it looks like biminis are going to have to wait. Thanks.

Ted, I'd think it would fit your boat perfectly.

ted_reshetiloff

Contributing Partner
Frame For Sale

It looks like I am going with a different style bimini and so I would like to sell the frame I bought from Chris. This thing is too big to ship so someone close to Annapolis could get it. I can take specific measurements if needed. It has no canvas but is in excellent shape as a frame. Will definately fit a 38, and probably a few other boats. I paid $100 and would like to get that for it. See pics of what it would look like with canvas below.

Attachments

• bimini1.jpg
    bimini1.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 86