Wanted: 80's ETA Circuit Breakers

tdtrimmer

Member II
I am building a new DC electrical panel for my E38 vintage 1981. I plan on using the same circuit breakers but need a few more. They are made by ETA of Germany, are the push button type and range from 5 to 15 amps. The part number is 45-700-P10-DD. If anybody has some or knows where I can purchase some I would appreciate it.
Tom

tdtrimmer

Member II
ETA Circuit Breakers

Thanks Tim,
I have been watching for them on eBay for several months but no luck yet. I have also searched many electrical catalogs. I figure sooner or later some will turn up. I have the panel almost finished and have added spaces for eight additional breakers.
Tom

Graham Cole

The Zoomer
I kept breaking mine off on my '84 vintage panel. Doc Freemans in Seattle had a bunch of identical ones, but that was 5 or more yrs. ago. Don't know if they are even still open... Ended up putting in blue seas stuff and I actually threw out the old panel! (sorry)

tdtrimmer

Member II
I'll check with Doc Freeman's.

There is a new part number for these 2-5700-IG1-K10-DD. They are between $12 and $17 with large minumum order quantities from electronics suppliers. That is why I am looking for alternative sources.
Thanks,
Tom

hodo

Member III
Hi Ted,sorry to inform you that Doc Freemans is out of buisness. However, you might try Boat Electric in Seattle. They are good folks.
Harold

Tom Metzger

Sustaining Partner
Why not use...

Why not use Blue Seas breakers which you can get at Defender for $7 each in whatever size you want? The bushing is the same diameter. For the price you can change out all of the breakers on your panel.

http://www.defender.com/category.jsp?path=-1|328|296553|299262&id=825429&start=11&results=5&sort=products

Graham Cole

The Zoomer
blue seas

I think those blue seas breakers with the cylindrical stem that pokes thru the panel are not 'switches'. (ie- you cant turn the load on or off). Just circuit protection.

Tom Metzger

Sustaining Partner
Oops!

Opps! I didn't realize that the switch action was needed. Sorry about that.

Allied Electronics carries the ETA part numbers, but I don't know if they will sell to individuals. They are on the net. Their minimum order is $50, which is reasonable for these breakers.

Last edited:

tdtrimmer

Member II
breaker - breaker

Unfortunately Allied's price per breaker is in excess of $20. I may be able to get them through Wes-Garde for $12.50 each and a minimum order of $100. I only need a few of them however.

For the record, the new part number is ETA 2-5700-IG1-K10-DD-10A (for a 10 amp unit).

Tom