Voltmeter Replacement

GMaurer

Member II
Original Voltmeter on 88 E28 gave up.
Any idea on where I can get a replacement that won't require a modification to the panel face to fit.

gkjtexoma

Member II
Hello Gmauer,

I have a Blue Sea panel meter in good shape that I removed (replaced with a digital battery monitor) from an O'Day 25 that I just sold. Now I can concentrate on my E30+ !

I think it is the same size as the one on the E30+ panel, I will post a picture and cite dimensions later,

I can send the meter to you if it fits. I'm planning something else for Freeform.

Graham

gkjtexoma

Member II
Hello Gmauer,

I have a Blue Sea panel meter in good shape that I removed (replaced with a digital battery monitor) from an O'Day 25 that I just sold. Now I can concentrate on my E30+ !

I think it is the same size as the one on the E30+ panel, I will post a picture and cite dimensions later,

I can send the meter to you if it fits. I'm planning something else for Freeform.

Graham

PS

I checked and calibrated it and it works fine.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Replacement meter

When our original meter finally stopped working (after the face had faded a lot...)
I replaced it with a new one from the original vendor, Newmar.
I paid about the same as this one from Defender, and will reference it because it came up quickly on the web.
http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?path=-1|328|2290000|2290009&id=1997521

That particular expanded scale is a great backup to our fancy electronic meters with their chips and algorithms.
The analog meter is a simple device, and it's nice to have it. Likely accurate to a tenth or two.

Loren

gkjtexoma

Member II
Good morning,

The dimension of the meter are:

hXwXd (inches) = 2.37 X 2.78 X 1.99
diameter = 1.99
Between mtg. studs = 1.88
Threads = 6-32

Here are pictures:

Meter Front.jpgMeter Back.jpg

Graham