Vinyl in galley storage/v-berth loose

little wing

Am in the process of sprucing up Gusto, our 1975 E-27 located in San Carlos, Sonora. I have noticed the vinyl(?) material that is a liner for galley and v-berth storage is coming loose. I am curious what other owners have done to correct this. It appears the original adhesive has simply gone bad. Any suggestions for an appropriate adhesive?

Gumdoc

Member I
The previous owner of my E32 removed all of the liner in the v-berth. He told it was pretty difficult. He put a fan in the hatch and used a blow torch to carefully remove all of the adhesive from the hull. He's still alive. He then painted the interior of the hull with gloss polyurethane deck paint. It's bright and clean but it's cold to the touch here in the SF Bay. I don't miss it and the berth looks brand new after I refinished the teak.

Attachments

• CIMG3077.jpg
    CIMG3077.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 130

exoduse35

Sustaining Member
I have had good luck with weldwood contact cement... The original stuff not the water based crap for the low voc crowd. Vent well and have fun!

Tom Metzger

Sustaining Partner
On a previous boat, not an Ericson, I used 3M #77 spray contact adhesive. It worked well and I'm still alive, but I'm not in California.

I just checked... not available in California. Sorry about that.