Vacu Flush Head

Peregrine

Member II
I made the mistake of letting my wife aboard a friend's boat that has a Vacu Flush head. She used it once and now wants one for our boat. Anyone have any experience with one? Installation approach on a 38-200/380?

Tony
Peregrine Spirit
E-380

Blue Chip

Member III
I am intreged by the many cases of reluctance to send TP through the "john". Our Raritan PHII does a fine job on it. Take a clean bowl...put 3 sheets in it, add some water...wait a second until the paper is wet,and have someone flush the toilet. Stand on the dack and see what happens. There is a "cloud" of masticated (is that a word) paper hat comes out immediately. The PHII almost act as a Macerator on this stuff. THE TRICK is to not have the bowl so full of waste AND paper. Flushing twice during your "process" really prevents the problem from ever being a problem. YES, I know...I just said flush into he water, but just do it for demonstration purposes once. It really prevents "putting it in a bag" for heavens sake. In 12 yaers I have never had TP plug the unit.

Blue Chip

Member III
I am intreged by the many cases of reluctance to send TP through the "john". Our Raritan PHII does a fine job on it. Take a clean bowl...put 3 sheets in it, add some water...wait a second until the paper is wet,and have someone flush the toilet. Stand on the dack and see what happens. There is a "cloud" of masticated (is that a word) paper that comes out immediately. The PHII almost act as a Macerator on this stuff. THE TRICK is to not have the bowl so full of waste AND paper. Flushing twice during your "process" really prevents the problem from ever being a problem. YES, I know...I just said flush into he water, but just do it for demonstration purposes once. It really prevents "putting it in a bag" for heavens sake. In 12 yaers I have never had TP plug the unit. NOTE...NEVER send KLEENEX through..THAT don't work!!!

John Butler

Member II
Plan to install one this winter

We got sold on the idea to install a VacuFlush head while at the Annapolis Boat Show last fall. I have a quote and am getting a bit more information before going ahead with it. I have a wrap around settee on the port side of the main salon. The holding tank is under the forward section of the settee, immediately behind the head. The vacuum generator is to be installed under aft end of settee. I'd appreciate any input on this from others with experience. Tony, I think the layout of my 1982 E38 may be different than your 380.

John

Last edited:

Rob Salinas

Member II
Note to self

Never let the Wife board a boat nicer than ours............ Just kidding with tongue firmly planted in cheek :)

Peregrine

Member II
Vacu Flush

John,

You are correct that we have different layouts. The head on my 380 is to starboard just below the companionway. My holding tank is in the cockpit locker. I will have to install the generator in the locker as well. I am probably going to build a shelf as high as I can get it IOT minimize the space taken in the bottom of the locker.

The parts are on order, and installation should begin in a week or so.

Good luck with your install!

Tony

Ericsean

Member III
Vacum generator

I wonder if the vacuum generator could be installed under the shower seat. Saw some posts about using that space for storage.