Useless wine locker E35/3

gabosifat

Member III
Hi All,

Has anyone else converted the 'useless' wine locker on their 35/3? It doesn't seem to hold bottles of wine very well at all and my wife can see the potential for another storage cabinet in the galley! We can store about 20 bottles of wine behind the dinette seat backs on the port side (on their ends). I was thinking of converting the galley one into a regular storage locker with shelf & maybe a door hinged at the bottom much like the plate storage locker.

Anyone else do anything novel with this space?

Thanks,

Steve
E35/3 Silent Dancer
Vancouver, BC

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Not to sound too 'Baylinerish', but...

You could put a cool 9" LCD in there - and tie it into your nav/engineering - to read out engine stats, location data and/or CNN! :rolleyes:

//sse

Chris Miller

Sustaining Member
Ummmm, Rum bottles fit too...

We keep ours full of bottles of Mount Gay. It makes the boat a very popular rafting partner for all our "racer dude" friends.

I've seen the TV thing; we sometimes store our REI candle lanterns in the slots; or maybe a weather station or something?
Let us know what you come up with (but try the rum thing at least once, just for good measure! :egrin: )
Chris

Ray Rhode

Member III
On Journey we removed the racks and just use that area for storage. Would like to do doors but I also installed a 4 inch duct for providing cooling air to the firidge unit in the starboard locker and doors would reduce the air flow.

Ray Rhode
S/Y Journey
E35-III, #189