Universal Service Manual Source?

newgringo

Member III
Hello Folks,
I am looking for a source for a Universal M25 Service Manual. I have the Owners Manual but it is a little sparce on details. I did a search on this site but nothing obvious popped up. Would prefere somewhere to download a file but any suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks - Jerry in Kingston, WA E32-3

gabosifat

Member III
Universal Service Manual

Hi Jerry,

I too was looking for a service manual for my Universal M35 engine. I ordered what I thought would be a helpful thorough document which would walk me through most maintenance & some troubleshooting. For $40 cdn plus $20 shipping was a crappy 1/2" thick manual which covered I think 8 engines. It looked like it had been photocopied ten thousand times, half of the pictures were unreadable and most were not for my engine. I've never felt so ripped off - especially when compared to my old Yanmar manual for the old boat - it had everything and very specific to the engine I had. If I were you, I'd ask to see the manual before buying it.

Best of luck,
Steve Gabbott
E35/3 Silent Dancer
Vancouver

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
There's a decent scanned manual on this site...

Check on the Specs & Documents link at the top of this webpage. Then pick Docs Index. Go to the General Ericson Documents area and go down to the 11th document (right under the Atomic 4 Specs & Dimensions)

Universal Marine Diesel Owners Manual -
For Models 12, 15, 18, 20, 25, 30, 40, and 50 --- zipped pdf, 3.7 mb

It doesn't include the M35, I guess. It's a good scan and you can print the whole thing or just the pages you need. The content is OK, sometimes it takes a little interpretation. If you have DSL or cable it's a fast download, or just go give the dog (or baby?) a bath and it'll be done downloading when you get yourself dried off.

Cheers,

Last edited:

ted_reshetiloff

Contributing Partner
I got a manual for my M-40 from Torreson. It was the same one that is on this site. Its better than nothing but IMHO its not much of a service manual. Kind of vague on a lot of stuff esp. the cooling system. I believe Torreson stocks other more in depth manuals you may want to call.

escapade

Inactive Member
Fwiw

I got my M25 manual from www.marinedieseldirect.com . It is a typical "shop manual" which gives all the pertinate information. Torque specs., clearances, timing marks, etc. :boohoo: It DOES NOT give a step by step on how to do it (al la Clymer's manual's). It assumes you are a qualified mechanic with tools and the expertise to do the job with minimal direction. If that's what you want you won't be disappointed (I wasn't).
Have fun & sail fast
Bud E34 "Escapade":cheers:

chaco

Member III
Kubota Tractor Engines !

Let us not forget that Universal Marine Diesel Engines ARE Kubota Tractor
Engines outfitted for marine service by Universal.
The Shop Manual is a reprinted Kubota Engine Shop Manual without
mention of marine service. I purchased the shop manual from the local
Candy Store and downloaded the Owners Manual from our Specs & Docs.
I guess that we will have to fill in the blanks :eek:
Haven't seen a Clymer type manual for these beasts.

Good luck on all your mechanical issues and love your Auxilliary !
:egrin: :egrin: /) /)