Universal 5432 Water Pump

Captron

Member III
FWIW,

I recently purchased and installed a new raw water pump from Moyer Marine Universal 5432 diesel.

Moyer sells a direct replacement water pump for the Oberdorfer 202 ?M series pumps. The casting for this pump is nearly identical to the 202 7M so the bolt holes line up properly. By the way, Moyer doesn't sell diesel parts ... they're in the business of selling Atomic 4 parts ... but water pumps are water pumps.

The good news is that this pump uses sealed bearings that never need lubrication ... i.e. there's no grease cup ... also the sealed bearings eliminate the need for the circlip that retains the impeller & shaft.

The new pump comes with a quick change cover with 4 captive thumbscrews ... the new cover seals against the casting with an O-Ring eliminating the paper gasket, RTV, Permatex and whatever else I used to use.

I should now be able to change impellers in under a minute without tools... also since the shaft is held by the bearings, you can't accidently pull out the shaft.

The new pump wasn't cheap at $185 but it's a decent upgrade when it comes time to consider replacement.