Two Harbors Trip for Friday August 4th.

HGSail

Member III
Sven,

You must remember that most cruisers don't know the rules of anchoring. Last year I sailed over to Lil Scorps on labor day in 30+ kts of wind and was the only one there. When I arrived I threw a single and settled in for the night. The next morning people started to show up and all of them threw doubles all around me with no care as to how I was anchored. One guy even came in in the afternoon and said that it was there favorate spot and anchored less than 40ft away on dbl anchor. When I told him that I was on a single and would be lettint out when the wind came up his responce was "I have an extra anchor if you want, I always carry extra anchors" This guy just didn't care!! The people that had anchored behind me had so much too close and when I informed them of the situation They also seemed to not care. Needless to say that when the wind picked up there wasn't enough room for me and I dragged. At that time eveybody in the cove knew exactly how I felt about them. for the words out of my mouth while reanchoring were not nice.

Pat
E29
'73
Holy Guacamole

Sven

Seglare
HGSail said:
At that time eveybody in the cove knew exactly how I felt about them. for the words out of my mouth while reanchoring were not nice.

Certainly justified.

Other than cutting their rodes when they are creating an imminent danger to your person, your crew and your property, I'm not sure what you can do.

Letting out 7 to 1 scope as soon you anchor (rather than waiting) might help make it clear what your swing circle will be.

-Sven

Sven

Seglare
Sven said:
Glyn, Jeff and any others who might venture across,

We hope to see you all over there, but not until very late Friday night or very early Saturday morning. Work is fun but it sure gets in the way of life !

When work and weather gang up on me I have to admit defeat :-(

The forecast doesn't look good for a rushed night crossing tonight. Adding another trip to JSC first thing on Monday is the last straw.

Hope you all enjoy the trip and we'll wish we were there !

-Sven

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Hey Sven,

Sorry I am going to miss you again. Not sure what you thinks wrong with the forcast. Just going to be a little overcast. Glyn, Look for my Dutch, Dainish or what ever it is flag. The one in the pic up above. Any way, I'm out of here in about an hour. Hope to see any EYO boats.

Jeff

Sven

Seglare
Jeff Asbury said:
Hey Sven,

Sorry I am going to miss you again. Not sure what you thinks wrong with the forcast. Just going to be a little overcast. Glyn, Look for my Dutch, Dainish or what ever it is flag. The one in the pic up above. Any way, I'm out of here in about an hour. Hope to see any EYO boats.

Jeff

An overcast, fog and rain night crossing with container ships doesn't seem wise in a 23 footer, even if it is an Ericson :-/

Hope you have a great time !

-Sven