Turn buckle adjusters

Jerry

Inactive Member
I'm looking for 2 turn buckle adjusters for the shrouds on my E-25. I thought about making some until I saw that half of the rod is right hand thread and the other half is left hand thread. Don't have a 1/4 x 28 left hand die so............ Good used would be great.

Last edited:

sleather

Sustaining Member
Adjusters?

Jerry, Are you talking about the turnbuckle "body"? The open cylindrical part w/ 2 female threaded ends? If so you can buy replacement 'bodies" thru WM(Johnson Marine)

What happened?:confused:.

Jerry

Inactive Member
No

I need the threaded rod. I check with WM to see what they have.

The threads are beginning to strip.

Last edited:

treilley

Sustaining Partner
Jerry, if the threads are starting to go, then the rigging is probably well past it's due date and should be replaced. I would highly recommend that you take the complete assembly to a qualified rigger in your area and let them have a look. Otherwise, you are playing russian roulette with your rig.

tenders

Innocent Bystander
It is pretty straightforward to remove your rigging, ship it to a rigging company, and get back exactly what you need to replace it. Especially easy when the mast is down. I've used JSI successfully (www.newjsi.com) for both standing rigging and lifelines.

Rob Hessenius

Inactive Member
Turnbuckles

Jerry- I just had my inner/lower stays re-made. The old ones have the closed body style turnbuckles. You can have them. I would post a picture, but I don't know how to on this site. I can send one to your regular email. Let me know. Rob