Trailer measurements

Steve Murray

Inactive Member
Hi all,

I'm buidling a yard trailer for my E35 III. The current plan is for 3 adjustable supports on each side and one under the bow. The width at the support bases is 6 feet and the length from the farthest forward support to the farthest aft is 16 feet. From looking at line drawings I plan to position the aft support at the companionway entrance and the forward one at the back edge of the farthest forward portlight. The TAGF seems to obviate the need for lining up with bulkheads.

Has anyone else done this? What ground clearance do I need to keep it all under the 14 foot height restriction? Are there any issues I should be considering?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Steve Murray
Charlottetown PEI
E35 III 222

Randy Rutledge

Sustaining Member
This is a road trailer for my E29 with the boat. It will give you something to think about and you can scale the dimentions up for you boat.. I am adding bow rest with a D ring in the bow to position the baot and keel guides.

Attachments

• 41.jpg
    41.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 54
  • 41 tower.JPG
    41 tower.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 51

Steve Murray

Inactive Member
Thanks Randy

The keel guide is something I hadn't thought of adding. We usually launch and recover with a large truck crane so the boat enters the trailer from above. I was considering just one post immediately in front of the keel for support placement. The hull is fairly flat in that area. Your plan would stop motion in two directions.

The pictures are a big help. I'll take them along to my welder buddy.

Steve Murray
E35 III 222
Charlottetown PEI

Randy Rutledge

Sustaining Member
One other thing. With the trailer sitting flat the six waterline pads can be turned with effort by hand the boat is so well ballanced on the keel. Someone will say that this is not enough weight on the side bunks but it is not oilcaning my hull.