Too many keys !

Sven

Seglare
Just for the heck of it I decided to test my key floats to confirm they would keep my keys from sinking if I dropped them overboard ... they didn't !

Even when I had two floats my keyring sank, just barely.

The float would make the keys easier to find on/in a muddy bottom but that's about it.

I'll definitely be cautious until I figure out what to do about it: more key rings with fewer keys each or one of the inflating floats or ... ?

-Sven

Mindscape

Member III
Need more to do??

Sven - although your keys not floating is a problem, I'm thinking maybe you need more to do:egrin: I've got plenty of boat projects you could take on.

I'm off to check my key floats.....

Bob Grenier

Member II
Same key Locks

Sven...If any of these keys are for padlocks. I think it’s time to invest in some same key locks.

Lucky Dog

Member III
Keys

I'm down to 3 keys, One truck,one house and one for all the pad locks that are keyed the same. Work keys are are kept on a separate ring.

I must key locks abut 40 times per day. Some day I will just have a micro chip in my finger.

ml

Rhynie

Member III
Sven,
Maybe about time for a self inflating keyring. Few years back we were working on self inflating bikini bottoms cruising gear. Got the system worked out pretty well, but the models kept popping to the surface in the darndest positions!
:egrin:

rwthomas1

Sustaining Partner
I don't take my keys on the boat! My club is very safe so if just daysailing I leave the keys in the console and the truck unlocked. Or lock the truck and put the keys under some greasy looking rags in the toolbox. Overnight or longer I put them in my locker in the club. Combination locks on the boat and locker. I'm too paranoid about losing keys and have made too many trips back to the boat because I forgot them when leaving. Thats what brought about the "no keys" system. RT