temperature sending unit.

craigstocks

i have a 1974 ericson 27 with a palmer p-60 motor. i need a temperature sending unit and im having a lot of trouble finding one.any suggestions?

also look for tractor parts .....

I used to have one of those in a Morgan 28, & got parts at the area auto parts store. That was in the days of the 6-foot wide catalogue on the counter instead of the "I can't run a search without the make & model car" approach. That was also called a Palmer "M-60" engine. It's an Interntional Harvester engine (IH-60) in their Cub tractors, which may help you find parts. I still remember the number for the oil filter cartridge: C-230, but would be surprised if AutoZone could find it on their shelf without knowing what car it goes into.

gascolator

In tractor applications, the temperature gauge is mechanical, using a capillary tube. That's the bad news. The good news is that electrical / electronic replacements are generic and plentiful. A standard Stewart-Warner sending unit will probably work with or without some sort of adapter. Is there a brand on the gauge (like a stylized "SW" in a box)? If so, you can get the sensor from SW. Failing that, it will be relatively cheap to obtain an automotive temperature sender and gauge intended for automotive use: http://www.stewartwarner.com/Catalog/etmpwat.html Once you have the model number you want, Google around. You probably can get it on Amazon.