T-Track Car Mount Replacement for Staysail Furler

Waayout

I've an Independence and just as we pulled away from the dock yesterday, the furler for the staysail came loose and dropped onto the foredeck. It was simply too nice of a day in MDR to abandon the sail so I quickly bungeed the staysail, still furled, to the mast and proceeded towards the north exit.

Sunny, warm, nice wind, sailed astern of a beautiful beige hulled 36C near the South entrance, apologies, just started to relive yesterdays sail!

I'm seeking advice on replacing the car the furler was previously mounted to as its done, really corroded and it completely fell apart. The track looks ok so I'd like to replace the car if possible.

Here are a few pix of the failed car (and the 36C). The link below is for a Ronstan piece, the lone review references and ericson. Any advice or specific product suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_8457.JPG
    IMG_8457.JPG
    350.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_8456.JPG
    IMG_8456.JPG
    337.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_8448.JPG
    IMG_8448.JPG
    140.2 KB · Views: 19

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Wow. Never saw a car fall apart like that. What Ken said, but measure, there are many sizes and track profiles.

Waayout

Thank you, I measured carefully and just ordered a Merriman car via ebay, it appears to be identical. Will post when re-installed. Very much appreciated!