Strut movement

Hoff

My 1988 E-28 strut has a some slight movement. I even have a small crack in the fiberglass by the strut. The owners manual states the strut is bonded
to the hull. I was hoping to find some bolts to tighten but I think the strut bonding area is under the full fuel tank (oh no!). Have any of the E-28 owners repaired their strut? How are the struts attached to the hull?

SER

I noticed this was posted in Feb. and had no responces. How did you resolve it?
I recently found some slight movement in the strut of my e27. I couldn't get access from above because of the fuel tank. I ended up drilling several holes from the outside into the flange area of the strut and injected epoxy resin in an attempt to fill any voids in the mass of existing reinforced resin and roving that bonds the strut to the hull. this is just a stop gap measure until I can rebed the whole thing. Again, I would like to know how you fixed it and also if others have encountered similiar problems.

Hoff

You have to remove the fuel tank. the strut bolts are covered with fiber glass and you will have to grind the FG away.
Hoff