Storm

hodo

Member III
Thanks for your thoughts,Kim.I'm going to check my boat out tonight, and spend the night with her. Tomorrow I'll check a friends at the same marina as he is stuck in Anchorage waiting for parts to get his Semi running. The marina hasn't called, so I'm guessing it's ok. They closed I-5 between mile post 66 and 88, near Chehalis. over 10 ft. of water over the freeway.
Harold and Jessie, S/V Mischief :devil: Maker

bigtyme805

Member III
Interesting post because I heard on news from Northern California to Southern California gigantic swell hitting the coast. Reports of even 50ft waves. I know down in Channel Islands area 15ft Swell and man are they close together. Surfers are going crazy.

I am sure that 50ft stuff is in Mavericks, big surf point by San Francisco. They regularly see 25 footers in the winter.

Must have been some storm in the northwest.

Swell in California pretty crazy huh. Picture taken 12-4-07

Attachments

• Big Tuesday HP Hero  12_3_07.jpg
    Big Tuesday HP Hero 12_3_07.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

Mindscape

Member III
Hope all is well and everyone and their boats are ok out there. Based on the news reports it looked like a very ugly storm, big winds, big surf.

jmcpeak

Junior Viking
The remnants of that storm just got done giving us here in the greater Chicago area about a foot of snow. It's still coming down because of lake effect snow. Normally those storms out of the pacific northwest only give us an inch or two. That was one strong storm. Hope all is well out there.

Jason

obiwanrazzy

Member II
Not sure what others have experienced, but at our marina (Everett) there didn't seem to be any major trouble. Probably a few extra logs floating around tho.. I was actually out Saturday morning and got in just minutes before the first system hit (snow). It continued to come down pretty heavy all weekend and through Monday.

Most of the problems were flooding inland where burried streams and former wetlands (now new housing developments) got saturated. Lots of water over the roadways, flooded basements, etc.

That is one heck of a detour you have to take to get to Portland, however!