Storage/ trailer question...

username

I'm interested in an E-30+ for sale locally. I live in an area where winter storage is a fact of life, and I'm curious about a couple of things. Are there any owners who keep the boat on a trailer?

I'm also considering finding a flatbed and fixng the cradle to that. Does anybody know how tall the E-30+ is when sitting in a cradle? I'm concerned about indoor storage entry clearance.

Thanks,

Ian

Randy Rutledge

Sustaining Member
My E 29 is about 11’ tall on the trailer to the top of the handrails. The draft is 4’4” on the 29. The 30+ is either 4’ or 5’10” so calculate from that to get an approximate height. I plan to add on to my work shop and will need at least a 12‘ door and 16 foot ceiling.
I attached a photo of my boat on the trailer. The nice thing abut a trailer you can let air out of the tires on one side and use tie downs to hold the boat on one side and lower the pads on the other to paint clean etc.

Attachments

• 41.jpg
    41.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 87
Storage/trailer question

Randy,

I'm sure a few of us would like to know what kind of tow vehicle you use and how does your trailer pull going down the road. I pull my E25 (7500# for both boat and trailer) with a F150 which is JUST adequate for the job.

Fair winds

Chad

escapade

Inactive Member
trailer info

I trailered my 30+ for the 7 years we owned her. With the 5'10" (6') draft keel sitting in a pocket that was 4" off the road it would fit through a 12'4" door if you removed the bow pulpit first. We stored the mast at the marina rather than on top of the boat as that would not fit through the door and lowering a mast from a trailered boat shucks (I did it once!). Pulled it with a 1500 Chevy PU (I now pull our '88 E34 with a 3/4 ton Chevy) the 18 miles to my dad's barn. Trailer had 2 axles (house trailer) which was plenty for the 30+ 9,000 lbs displacement. Not neccessarily for the weak of heart but definitely doable. If you have any questions let me know.

Have fun & sail fast
Bud '88 E34 "Escapade" #265:cheers:

chasandjudy

chas and judy
I'm interested in an E-30+ for sale locally. I live in an area where winter storage is a fact of life, and I'm curious about a couple of things. Are there any owners who keep the boat on a trailer?

I'm also considering finding a flatbed and fixng the cradle to that. Does anybody know how tall the E-30+ is when sitting in a cradle? I'm concerned about indoor storage entry clearance.

Thanks,

Ian

Hi Ian, An E 30+ when on the hard is over 12 ft to the cabin top--6 ft draft and over 6 ft head room, We, Judi and I race every Sunday during the winter
having a boat on the hard , is like something Jack Nickelson said in "Bucket List " about "it" being a waste not using "it" !
If you ever get out here to Vancouver Island ( the biggest Island in the Pacific) give me a call 250 888 4503 any excuse to go sailing
:egrin:
Chas Ericson 30+ Eden # 720