Spinnaker sock

belafonte

I'm wondering if anyone knows the correct length for a E 39 spinnaker sock. I'm a couple thousand clicks from home and my symmetrical right now but I'd like to order it now and get home to it in a few weeks...
Any help? Thanks in advance.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Oh, it's about That long....

Back when we ordered an ATN Snuffer we provided the measurement of the luff of our standard spinnaker, and I was told to err slightly on the short side.
i.e. it's normal to have a foot or three of material sticking out the bottom of the tube.
If your chute is standard, and not "over sized" I imagine that someone here knows the luff lengths...
It might even be the same for the E-39B.

Here's their page:
http://www.atninc.com/atn-spinnaker-sleeve.shtml
I see a phone # and email contact listed. You should confirm the "sleeve" total measurement info with them, too.
I should point out that's been over a decade since we bought ours, so my memory of the sizing might be hazy....
:)

Since adding that gear, at least we do fly the spinnaker at least once or twice a season. It's a great sail, but the takedowns were a hassle.

Best,
Loren

Last edited:

belafonte

Thanks Loren, I've ordered a Chutescoop with a 47 foot sock. I found the formula of .95* square root of (I*I+J*J)= Max luff. Our rig is a short style mast at 50' rather than 52' so as long as my math is right and my assumtion that the previous owner didn't oversize our 1.5oz sym. then I'll be ok... hmmm I'm hopeing anyway.