Spinnaker Dimensions

exoduse35

Sustaining Member
As promised i mesured mine for you... sorry to be late but the wind over the weekend made it imposible to do until this evening. I do have the 42' mast. Mine measures 24' across the foot and 40 ' to the head. the Pole is 14'6" . I would emagine that you would need the same foot measurement and would need to subtract for the short rig. Hope this helps, let me know if there is anything else I can do for you. Edd:egrin:

Captain Crunch

Member II
What do these measurements mean in regards to a spinnaker: SL 41.23, SMW 21.18, MSD 53%. Also my boat partner says our mast is 32 ft, I thought it was 38 ft. How many options were offered for the 35-2? What range of luff measurements will work well for a spinnaker for this boat? I have many questions some links to related threads would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. C.C.

exoduse35

Sustaining Member
the masts came in 2 heights 39 and 42' +/- you should measure your mast yourself, especially if you are going to part with money. Put a line n a halyard hoist it to the top, mark it. bring it back, then measure it. some people tape a measure to the halyard, but if it comes untaped you are screwed. So tie a rope on, it is more sure. It will give you a close enough measurement. Then you can take the rough measurement to the specs section on the site for the exact numbers. The first numbers you asked about are within a couple inches of the measurements I sent you and are in decimals. If my mental figures are correct it is approx. 41'3& 3/4" AND 21' 2&1/4" each sail maker will tweak the numbers a bit and then there is stretch so unless you are racing close enough is close enough! Hope it helps Edd

Last edited: